4.19.2010

Perfectly Imperfect

All last night I was being chased by a jaguar.  In cartoon form.
I would floor the minivan and smash into the car in front of me in an attempt to kill/rid myself of the jaguar on the hood of my car and the jaguar would be smashed and go "OOOF" in slow motion.
At one point I went into a nightclub in an effort to lose him in the dark, loud music, and smoke.
Scott came looking for me in the club shouting my name and rolling his wheelchair real slowly and blew my cover.
It was crazy, and I don't know if I should watch that Man vs. Wild show before bed ever again.


And Scott shouldn't write papers about seedy clubs in Salt Lake ever again.

Saturday was crazy at our house. I ran around in my sweaty workout clothes ALL DAY LONG.
Really.
I was offensive.
But I was too busy being a Mom running kids to soccer games and birthday parties to care.
At one point Scotty and I sat on the porch together for a moment, enjoying the perfect weather.
I took a look around at all the "imperfection".  Weeds, crabgrass, clutter, etc. etc.
Then I looked at my children.
Aidan's shorts hiked to his nipples...again.
Grace with no shirt and legs covered in chocolate popsicle.
Cole wearing his sister's sweaty-used shin guards and socks on his thighs.

It was a perfect day.

5 comments:

Calvin said...

good thing we're going to be neighbors soon... we can revel in the perfection..

the Wilcox Family said...

I love your take on things. . . .I need to revel in imperfection more often. And I love Aiden's method of wearing shorts. Keeps his stomach warm.

Jen said...

Way to see the good through the annoying! It's hard but you are good at it!

Terri said...

Truer words never spoken. My kids left the milk out this morning. In a strange twiston what usually occurs my first thought was it wont be long until they dont eat captain crunch at home anymore. Changed my irritation to my greatest joy.

Ging said...

That is a great perspective on something I often forget. Thank you.