2.27.2014

I've Missed it...

I haven't posted for a long time.  It's not really the "in" thing to blog anymore. Instagram and facebook are taking over.  However, I looked through my blog the other day and read about things I'd completely forgotten. I remember now why I loved this. It's a wonderful way to journal your life and feelings.  I like to see people's instagram photos, but I LOVE to read people's deeper thoughts and feelings on their blogs. So, I'm starting again, and what a great day to start.

Yesterday, Scotty had his first day as an intern working on researching growth patterns, and community planning. He was dressed so nicely in dress pants and a beautiful blue button up shirt with his new hair do that he calls the "Beeba do".  I was just really so proud.  He hasn't been in the workforce for 8 years.  He's entering it now as a different person. He has some concerns about what accomodations he will need to do his best; a quiet space to work his voice recognition typing, a desk that his wheelchair can fit under, an office with space to move a wheelchair around easily. I too have concerns and the unknowns make this even more nerve racking, but this I KNOW.  He has pushed through uncomfortable circumstances for years and he has learned and grown. He has looked and looked for an internship and felt turned down before even being considered because of his speech.  He has worried about how he'll get to and from work.  He has wondered if anyone would be willing to take a chance on a guy in a wheelchair starting over.  I prayed for him to have what he wanted.  I prayed that people would see him for who he really is and look past the things that can be uncomfortable or different.  And guess what?  He was accepted as an intern in a place that is easy for him to get to, with a quiet office of his own, with a boss who endured a traumatic injury due to a skeleton accident (you know the Olympic sledding).  I am so proud and grateful.


5 comments:

Britney said...

Yay, I love reading blogs but have gotten really out of the habit myself. Even though I'm not really funny and maybe not always all that interesting I love to keep it for myself and the few that may read it so I'm thinking to start up again soon too. Hooray for Scott!! Also, we want to come play games -- maybe that one card game I always forget the name but I want Anton to experience it.

shawn rowley said...

i have often thought of Scotty as i have grown into the nurse title and role. i have sat by a bedside more than once and told his story to someone struggling to live and worried that they shouldn't want to.
i love the two of you and have wondered with awe at the perseverance demonstrated for so long. he will succeed, for two reasons all that he has gone through and all that he will yet overcome. love you two....

Unknown said...

Love that your blogging again, Aim. Maybe it will inspire me to start again! I love this post about Scott. We are so grateful for the guidance, direction and blessings of the Lord. In the end, we always see that His way of "things working out" is always much more beautiful than we ever could have imagined. I am grateful for your example and faith. We love you and miss you guys.

Unknown said...

That "Unknown" comment ^^^^^ is from me, Cami Rush.

Teri said...

I'm so happy you are blogging again. I've always loved reading about your cute family:)