1.24.2012

12 Years of Asher


This morning started with ham, bacon and cheese omelets and hot cocoa with vanilla marshmallows. For his 12th birthday Asher got some new pants, a stylin' hat, a lego set, and book of "Useless Information", and a running jacket.  At school I brought in a cake to share with his class and the wonderful Mrs.Cook had him climb atop his desk while we sang and clapped, 
Hooray for Asher he's a darn fine guy,
Hooray for Asher he's a darn fine guy,
He certainly is a daisy,
He drives our class crazy,
Hooray for Asher he's a darn fine guy!

With 35 kids in his class it's a good thing I bought a huge Costco cake because it was g-o-n-e, gone!

Then as a special surprise Scott picked Asher up from school and took him to lunch. And, as a special surprise to me he bought Asher an airsoft gun. uh huh. yep. 
Something I would never purchase.  Asher's over the moon. I think I'm just keeping myself out of this testosterone lovin' deal.  
Tonight is mutual and Asher will be joining Chloe and I. We are either going sledding (not likely) or playing dodgeball.  It's like they planned this activity just for Asher! He loves dodgeball.  
This is Asher at 12:
Loves basketball and is a great shot.
Wants a dog more than air. 
Loves mashed potatoes and gravy.
Likes to wear fedoras. 
Grinds his teeth to the nubbins.
Very competitive.
Loves babies.
Just became a Wierd Al fan.
Very open about his feelings with his parents. 
Great endurance (ran 5 miles with me a couple weeks ago). 
Reading Old Yeller for the first time and loves it. 
Self proclaimed: Dad's right hand man. 
Happy Birthday Ash. We love you much.


Asher's 12 Year old Stats from Dr. Kendall herself,

Height: 59.5 inches tall (60%)
Weight: 78.7 pounds (25.03%)
BMI: 15.63 (12.3%)

7 comments:

Shar said...

Good lookin' boy you got there! Love the top shot to pieces and the fact that he is such a (darn) good kid. Good luck with the air soft!

Molly Thorne said...

Happy B-Day Ash! Ethan just said "You gotta be kiddin me". Passing the sacrament and all, where did time go.

Kelly Hill said...

Weird Al. heh heh

Happy Birthday, Asher.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Smashy! Love you so much! What a fun fun day!

Britney said...

That first pic is a winner!

gabby said...

Your super fly Asher I love your hats and many of the fine qualities that you have. Mostly that you are good hearted and try to be kind to those around you. Happy Birhtday Love Aunt Terri

dont shoot your eye out!

JP Anderson said...

Awesome birthday stuff! Way to pull through Scottie. So, what about that dog?