I've been noticing it for quite awhile.
He'll bring home a take home library chapter book.
He'll avoid it.
During his reading minutes I see him at the table with his crumbly cookie doing sign language.
Pouring over the library book of his choice, turning pages and doing signs.
The next day he greeted me "Zdravstvuj Mom!"
Huh?
It's Russian. I said, hello.
What are you reading today Aidan ?
It's a book that teaches me how to speak Russian.
If the two little boys can go get ready for bed without an incident they earn stories.
Aidan picks the same book. His book of animals and their tracks- a gift from Uncle Shawn.
I start wherever I left off. We were in the rodent section the other night and covered beavers and moles and the like. He would insert random things about each animal as I read the facts; size, weight, habitat.
I went to Aidan's Parent Teacher Conference yesterday. He led it. He took me around the room and showed me different things. Sometimes if his teacher is busy people ask him how to spell things and he puts it up on the word wall for them. I read his stories about animals that spoke different languages and The God of Nature. It was fun to see what he does during the day, where he puts his energy and focus. His teacher praised his awesomness and I concurred.

4 comments:
Aiden you are prikol'no. Thirst for knowledge is a very good thing. I love ya the mostest. Aunt Terri
Sounds like he takes after his Aunt Emily. ;)
I'd love to take credit for such a smart kid, way to go Amy. You're doin juuuust swell.
Awesomeness squared. He is a chip off the ol' block- even if she is his Aunt Ging.
i love that kid tell him i think he is awsome
Post a Comment