Being born in the year 2000 has some advantages.
First being it's quite easy to remember how old you are.
Just take a look at the calendar.
Our first son turned 11 today.
He was able to have a very large birthday part over the weekend with lots of friends.
It included many of the things he loves;
Friends, soda, and friendly sports competition.
They played glow-in-the-dark baseball and dodge ball.
We got him that Ripstick he's been dying to have, and a Utah Utes jacket.
He was in heaven. He's been riding that thing non-stop and is already
quite good at it. He has some natural athletic ability there. From his Dad of course.
When I delivered donuts to his class it was fun to see his classmates reactions.
Sheer excitement over having some sugar, and comments like "Woah, you guys look just alike."
And my personal favorite "You both have red hair and pimples."
mmmm. Those are freckles, not to be confused with the pus-filled pimple. No relation.
Asher rode with me to pick Scott up last night. We stopped by Sonic and he ordered a large milkshake with a grin to match. The things that will bring an 11-year-old boy some happiness are quite simple, and it was fantastic to spend some time with just him.
He is an outgoing, funny, athletic, happy boy who makes friends easily, loves a challenge, and excels at math and the piano.
Happy Birthday Son.
6 comments:
I choked on my chex and bananas when I read about your "pimples" bwahahahahaha...I wish mine were freckles instead :) haha
Asher - you are a GREAT blessing to your whole family...and I don't mean just the people you live with.
Hope you have a most excellent 11th!
One more year til the big One Two - Happy Birthday!
Uncle Scott
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHER!!! And that is one seriously sweet jacket. Can I have one for my birthday? July 18th, just in case you need a reminder.
He is growing up! Those pictures reminded me I may need to find a new nickname smashy may need to be changed to Dashing . Handsome man would have looked better in a blue jacket. I love ya Asher your a bright light
I second Terri's comment, little Smashy IS turning into quite the young man. And he has good taste I think. Well, sorry about those genetic incurable "pimples 'n redhair"! Someday people will really appreciate them.
SOOOO cute!! I love how Asher smiled when he opened his present! Cute! Can't believe he will turn 12 next year! You got beautiful kids!
Post a Comment