4.18.2011

I've been thinking...

about Easter. A lot.  What does it mean to me?  What have I taught my children?  Do they understand, or are they beginning to grasp the meaning?  I knew in my heart we as parents had not taught well enough.
So, I chastised myself and decided to do some correcting.  We are celebrating the last week of Christ's life this week.  We are reading from the New Testament each day beginning with Palm Sunday through Resurrection Sunday.  We are discussing betrayal, miracles, sacrifice, service, love, symbolism, courage, pain, forgiveness, death, resurrection.  My heart is full.  Our testimonies of our Savior have already grown.


How do you celebrate?

4 comments:

Ging said...

We started reading each of the accounts of The Atonement during family scripture study,about a week and a half ago. Scott and I are reading articles from a special Ensign every day. We also have a really special set of eggs wI put together that we teach with:
contents.http://www.sugardoodle.info/jooml/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4342%3Aeaster-egg-lesson&catid=832&Itemid=200041 We never have the Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday- it has been on Saturday since the beginning. This keeps Sunday in it's place- no bunny.

Terri said...

We do easter froo froo also on Saturday. Well we use to snif snif when I had children who ran for candy. Sunday we read the prophets message in the Ensign. We usually watch the Ten Commandments or the Robe. I love your ideas

Jen said...

Thanks for all the ideas Aim. I downloaded my Easter book today and we read about Palm Sunday - the Betrayl & the Money Changers all tonight to catch up. I can't believe that Judas took 30 pieces of silver for his OWN Savior. I cried when I told my kids. I love Easter - thanks for encouraging me to teach my children. OHH and we made super yummy pretzels. An Easter tradition in Germany as you know. Love you!!

Bonnie Anderson said...

WE JUST TURN THUMPER LOSE IN THE YARD.