3.06.2012

Crazy Hair Day 2012

It's Crazy Hair Day at school today.
It's a quick do when you've got a bunch of boys. 
Not too many options, but we came up with 3 different ideas here.
You know, I always thought I'd be a "girl Mom".
I was sure I'd have a house full of girls. Giggling, crying, tattling.
I came from a house full of girls and one brother who, frankly, fit right in.
My sisters who'd had kids had mostly girls. 9 girls 2 boys. 
So when my firstborn was a girl it fit my ideology. 
But then there was a blitz of boys. 1-2-3.
What! This can't be. I had made brothers.

And you know, it's a perfect fit.
They're fun, loud, rowdy.
They eat with their fingers sometimes and laugh when they fart.
They hug and kiss me, they don't mind the dirty jobs, they forgive quickly.
They pee on the seat and smell like sweaty dogs on hot summer days.
They love to wrestle each other until someone is crying.
They always thank me for their meal (especially if it includes mashed potatoes), and share their thoughts about God and testimonies with me privately.

So it turns out that by the numbers, I'm a "boy Mom".  A boy Mom who has two incredible bookend daughters and 3 wild boys stuffed in the middle. These boys are growing up fast and I'm loving what I see.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You Browning people do good work - they are five delightful souls.

crush said...

You have wonderful children and you are a wonderful mother! And Scott's pretty great, too! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!

Jen said...

This is a great post! Boys really are great. So far the score is dead even over here. Time will tell if I'm a boy mom or a girl mom or a Mom for all !

Ging said...

A very nice post. You are a great mom Amy, even when you pose as a shark.