3.05.2012

Playing with your mind





This posts been a long time coming.
Since the boy it's about turned 9 yesterday it was fitting to complete and finally submit.


Aidan is a thinker, a creator, and a tender-heart.
Over the last little while I've been collecting photos of some of his quirky and creative behavior.
Captured for future generations to look at  and nod in understanding.

So here was his idea for a Valentine's box.
He figured his love box should be worn... on his head. 
Inside he used a cereal bowl that would form to his head. 



Here he is modeling some of his creations made from everyday items.
He used some of our neighbors tubing to make himself into a robot, complete with mask.

Can you guess what this box, doomed to the recycling bin, became?

Uh-huh, a large stash of weaponry was created from this cardboard. Machetes to AK-47's. 

This is a very common way for Aidan to use his extra time before school.
He creates animals from winter gloves.
This would be a rabbit. He can also produce a dog or fox.  

This was an invention made during a visit to Will and Kelly's
 where he spent time hanging out in the garage. 
He was pretty sure that this could make a spark that could light a fire. 
This is Aidan's nightstand.
He keeps his most beloved items here, and occasionally sets up a wild animal scene.
Aidan came home from Miles' after doing "self-makeovers".
Improvement, no?
I will often find photos on my camera of projects Aidan's done.
This was one .
A lego plane.

 To celebrate nine years of Aidan I picked him up a giant octopus balloon and delivered it to the school.
Nothing makes a kid cooler. 
The birthday dinner of his choice was, "chicken, peas, and broccoli".
I helped round it out with some mashed potatoes and gravy, and rolls.



Happy Birthday to my wonderful boy. 



Aidan arms, weapons, etc.

6 comments:

Shar said...

I don't think I've heard of a cooler kid. . . and one that picks vegetables for his birthday dinner! Cool kids come from cool moms, you know.

Anonymous said...

Man he's a regular Thomas Edison!

Jen said...

He's adorable! Love the Valentine box/hat!

crush said...

Lover that Aiden!! He is so creative and thoughtful, I'm sort of surprised him and McKay didn't become joined at the hip like our other boys.......Anyway, love him just the same!

crush said...

Oops! "love that Aiden" not "Lover". Sorry.

Ging said...

I love that boy. He brightens my week when he walks into the kitchen with that grin of his. It's like he knows something I don't know that I should know. Hmm Happy Birthday Aid.