I still feel like I'm in my twenties, and have a hard time convincing myself I'm in the "next stage" of life. My kids are growing up. The littlest continues to make a long list of "lasts". Last one to use training wheels, last one to learn to brush her own teeth, last one to stay home with me when all the kids go back to school in the Fall.
I usually tell me kids the same thing when they ask for my birthday wishes, "everyone to have a happy day with no fighting".
The morning started with a message in the mirror.
Breakfast for me by Miss Chloe.
After a day of running errands. Scott fixed kid's bikes, mowed the lawn, and washed cars. At 5:00 he said we had to leave. That's not suspicious. We ran and traded in my shoes for the right size. He made several phone calls home during our outing. When I got home we headed to the back deck. Everything was decorated. Asher was busy cooking at the grill. It was adorable.
What a fantastic family I have. Scott had run to the Dollar Store and bought some food :)
These cheese puffs were the best. Not because I enjoy cheese puffs, but rather because they came with a special message: John 1:5. They were holy cheese puffs.
The is the pinata that Asher made himself. Filled, of course, with candy from the dollar store.
Chloe baked chocolate cupcakes with my favorite, cream cheese frosting.
Asher's gift to me was a song he wrote and sang.
It was the Brady Bunch Theme song with the words changed.
My favorite line.
None of them had hair of red, like their Mother.
The youngest one had curls.
It was the Brady Bunch Theme song with the words changed.
My favorite line.
None of them had hair of red, like their Mother.
The youngest one had curls.
Cole gifted me this awesome coupon book with page after page of temptations.
15 minute foot massage.
15 minute back massage.
One snuggle time with me.
Aidan gifted me a bag of rocks.
He had painted different sayings on them and even made one in my likeness.
Chloe gave me a coupon good for babysitting and glitter toes.
What a fantastic day!
8 comments:
Are you kidding me-- your kids are the best kids. Better than . . . oh, holy cheese balls, let's say. Cutest gifts ever, too.
that sounds great. Hot dogs and cheese balls would only be appreciated for my b day if they were prepared by my kids.
that was not tristan it was me
That was such a wonderful birthday - made so special by your darling family! I love how many nice things were done for you - What a lovely ,loved, mother you are! LOVE YOu!
Oh my you have a sweet family! You guys are awesome:)
So much fun. Wish I could have been here to celebrate with you. You're kids are so clever. Love you so much.
Awesome!
hahaha! What a fantastic birthday! I love it all.
Post a Comment