11.14.2012

Just You + Me: Cole

JUNE 21, 2012
I have to admit, our date last year was so awesome I decided a repeat was in order.
When I told Cole I'd picked swimming at the Legacy Center again he was thrilled!
We found our googles, snapped a before photo, and headed out in Daddy's truck.
One of the best things about swimming with Cole is we come up with some crazy games to play.
Oh, AND, I feel like a little kid again.
We had ring diving contests, went down the tube slide, laid under the bucket dumper, chased each other around the lazy river, practiced our swim technique, worked on our pool gymnastics, and even played shark on some of Chloe's friends we spotted at the pool. 
(Imagine their surprise when their young women's leader grabs them under the water and pops up giggling in their face!)
After we were all swum out we greased up.
Meaning we headed for some greasy American food at Emmett's and Ethel's in town.

 We sat out in the warm sunshine and shared a big shake and fries. 
We chatted about him starting all day school, 1st grade.
I told him how I would miss snuggling on the couch when Grace took her naps.
We talked about what teacher he might get, and hoped it was Ms. Geddes.
We told each other how much we loved each other and slurped our melted ice cream.
On Pioneer Crossing on the way home I noticed some smoke coming off the mountain behind our home. We decided to do some exploring and drove up to the top of the neighborhood to watch this fire.
We snapped a few photos. Little did we know how out of control this would get the next day.
 While we watched the flames Cole looked for animals in danger.
He was really worried about their homes being destroyed. 


Cole and Daddy went to pizza at Pier 49 and watched Ice Age 2 at the theater. I forgot to take pictures of the event and so did Scotty! They had a fine time together and both declared the movie to be AWESOME!!! They even brought us home the extra pizza.


1 comment:

JP Anderson said...

I love that you hold nothing back while spending time with your kids. Cole must think you're the coolest mom.