3.10.2014

9 years

Yesterday marked 9 years since Scott's brain surgery.  My Mom pointed out the other day that there have been more years since the brain surgery than before the brain surgery in our marriage. I immediately argued that, but then realized she was right. How could that be?  I think our pre-surgery marriage is kind of on a pedestal in my mind. It seemed carefree and easy. It is still hard for me to realize there are some very important people in my life now that did not know us then.  I still long for a hike in the mountains with my whole family. A lot. One day we will.

My husband is a patient man. My husband thinks of his family before himself.  My husband sacrifices and works hard and faces disappointments, but continues to move forward.

On Saturday he crawled around the basement working on leveling the concrete floor. Then he came upstairs and kneeled outside on the driveway cutting pieces of wood with his saw for hours. His entire day was full of doing his best for his family's comfort. His knees are black and blue. He is a good man with a desire to better himself and do the best he can with what he's got. He deserves the world.




2 comments:

shawn rowley said...

i think i understand the strange loss of time perspective. so much seems so unreal, amazed at his power and progression, grateful when i can be of help, i admire the person he has become even more then the boy and man i knew, yet i wish he had more of the life before...feelings mix into strange alloys, yet it all works, it simply is. what it is, is beautiful, God bless you both

Denise said...

when i saw the title 9 years, my thought was "impossible". Seth only knew Scott for 2 years pre-surgery? That's crazy to me.

This morning when I was trying to get Nash to do something I said "Son, listen to me" That's Seth's way of addressing the boys not mine. He overheard me and said "do you know who I got that from?, Scotty. I remember hearing him call his boys that and thinking I really liked it and I would use it with my boys one day."