1.18.2010

Scriptorian

We have one of those handy little boards that tells us who is on the lesson, the treat, the song, the scripture, etc for Family Night.

It prevents bickering- usually.

Aidan was on scripture tonight- he didn't ask for any help. He didn't inquire what Asher's lesson would be about.  He just grabbed a set of scriptures and went to work.

And he read: "This is from the Topical Guide.  Love the evil."

The end. He closed the book.

There were a few blank stares and then some muffled laughter.  Turns out that is a portion of a verse.  Aidan's scripture was from Micah 3:2 which says in its entirety, "Who hate the good, and love the evil; who pluck off their skin from off them, and their flesh from off their bones."

I think I'll help him out a bit next time.

p.s. Grace had her last hospital visit today.  We're done!  She can finish healing at home. Thank you for your prayers.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha oh man that boy is funny! I used to call it the "tropical guide" when I was younger...ish. So glad Gracie is done with the hospital!

Calvin said...

he's actually more correct than one might think, if we hate those who do evil than we are not a loving people... I'm sure he just figured you would all get the connection...

Anonymous said...

that was good stuff Aidy boy! Loved it!

Em said...

MMM. i need me som topical guide for this rash.

the Wilcox Family said...

Hope Grace is doing alright, let me know if you need anything. And, I think partial scriptures, when kids are reading, count just the same as the full deal.