12.14.2010

Relief Society Songstress



I had to post this picture of our Nearly Two-Year Old.
The piggie tails, the ribbons, the grin.  Oh. It melts my heart.

She doesn't go to Nursery.
She's naughty in that regard.
She screams and cries real loud. Louder than her older brother I dare say.
And if you know my little "Bosnian Banshee" then you know how loud that is.

I've taken her in and stayed with her, but the wailing continues.
So I eventually leave, but she is unforgiving and continues to gasp for breath
and cling to me and cry and I am sometimes forced home for sanctuary.

So I don't even try.  I've never done this with any child. All my children eventually went to Nursery.
Some went right away, some took coaxing, but they all went.
What happens when they turn 3 and are ready for Sunbeams but they've never been to Nursery?

Well, I'll tell you something.  She's learned a few things staying with me in Relief Society.
Today as I was playing prelude I watched her from the corner of my eye.
She kind of runs the place while I'm busy behind the piano.
She goes in and out, walks around the room, tries out different seats.
Today, she climbed up on a chair positioned under the shelves that hold the Hymn books.
She reached up on her tiptoes and grabbed a book. It happened to be an old teaching manual.
Then she got down and placed the opened book on the chair and proceeded to sing.
She sang along with the opening hymn.  When the song ended and others had stopped singing she continued for a moment and then realized she was going solo she stopped and looked around.  When she realized people were ready for a prayer she folded her arms, if only for a few moments of the prayer.

Oh Pretty Baby you make me smile.

5 comments:

Shar said...

Oh, now I am sad I missed Relief Society last time. She does fit in quite well there. :)

Jen said...

oHHH no - naughty, pretty baby! SHe is super duper cute! Glad to see that you are finally calling your youngest son by his correct name!

Ging said...

Why Bosnian? I do agree that she has some serious pipes and I am glad you have found a good use for them.

Terri said...

Oh my I love pretty baby to she is so very much like my youngest pretty baby. A demanding delight they are. wish I had seen that one.

Em said...

i got to hear this story 3rd and 2nd hand and I love it every time. She's such a sweet naughty baby.