So here goes:
We attended Greydon's 3rd birthday Party at Monkey Island. My kids had never been to a bounce house extravaganza. They loved every sweaty moment. However, unbeknownst to me Aidan fell off a bounce house and landed on his hip on the concrete. Later that same evening he came to me and showed me his hip. I immediately called every neighbor in the medical field. It was super gnarly- gigantic bruise and swollen like a golfball was under his skin, but a golf ball the size of a pancake! Oh man, my stomach tingles just thinking about it now. Anyhow, I wasn't in the frame of mind to snap a photo of it, but I got one a few days later when the swelling had subsided. So I present Aidan's manly bruise :
Last year Asher played flag football for the first time. While his teams wins were few and far between, he loved it and was a fantastic player. It was also very entertaining to watch, but I am a sucker for any sport my kids are involved in. So, this year I decided he could sign up for tackle football. He was so excited. He attended conditioning one night a week, tried out, and was put with the coach he liked. He's been practicing hard- 2 hours a day Monday through Friday. Their practices would wear me out, but he's not a complainer. Here he is after his first day of practice. He went to his weigh in today and was a whopping 77 pounds.
Chloe was able to go to Girl's Camp for the first time this year. It was up American Fork Canyon. They stayed in tents, went on a 5 mile hike to Silver Lake, had a testimony meeting, made gifts for her secret sister, and made a lot of crafts. She had a fantastic time. I am so grateful for all the men and women in my ward who worked so hard to make this a fantastic experience for these young women. Chloe has also been watching cake shows like crazy. She loves to watch Fabulous Cakes, Cupcake Wars, and Cake Boss. So she thought she'd try her hand at cake pops the other night. As usual she does all the thinking and I pipe up when she asks my opinion. Here was the result of her first cake pops. Aren't those cute little chicks.
4 comments:
Your kids are impressive, as always. Loved the cake pops. . . . . didn't so much love the bruise shot. Glad you caught that shot after a few days had passed. Yowza.
Thems some good looking chicks. But Holy Cow that bruise!! I am using my country girl drawl here.
That bruise is disguising and those cake pops are calling my name.
That bruise is awesome!!! I love it. I now need a nap though just thinking about what you're schedule must be like and what mine could look like in the next few years.
Post a Comment