I had the tour of the homestead first. I realized then how creative these two people are. Em's art decorates the place and the basement is reserved for Shawn to create things from metal and refurbish his magnificent D.I. finds.
Oh my it was delicious. The naan was consumed at an amazing rate. I played it safe with a well known favorite, chicken tikka masala. It was better than I'd imagined.
After dinner we ran to buy treats and headed to Harry Potter, in 3-D no less. I loved every nail biting moment.
We took a drive through Logan past our old college apartments and reminisced. Of course Em could remember more than I since it's been awhile since I graced the Utah State campus. Back at home we went on a late night bike ride and at least one of us dipped our feet in the freezing cold water that runs in front of their house. And then the real fun began. Em's been doing a new workout called CrossFit. I wanted to see what she could do and she really put on a good show. It's like basic training, but you can go home afterwards and cry in your pillow. I attempted some of these feats of strength and looked like an old lady. Then it simply became a game of "look what I can do!"
Eventually Shawn came down to show us what he could do. He made it all look way to easy.
The next morning we signed up to play in a Dodgeball Tournament with the proceeds supporting the Special Olympics. John came up to join the team, so our team was made up of 3 family members and 3 of Em's co-workers.
After the game we headed to Dad's family reunion there at a park in Logan. It was great to sit and chat with others, look at old pictures, and read journals.
| Dad (on left) with a Navy buddy. |
I took lots of pictures and it sparked in me a desire to learn more about my family history and continue to write in my own journal.
All good things must come to an end. I had such a great time with Em. She has a contagious excitement about her. Until next time I will work on my stunts.
4 comments:
mucho Jealouso!!! OHHH I love that Em girl!
I"m jealous too. How fun is that.
You two are like vinegar and baking soda. When you get together....watch out!
OH man. I need to keep up on these blogs. Great story, you didn't mention how you couldn't ride at 10 speed bike or almost died at the hands of a cat named Jethro. I loved your visit Amy. It was a blast!
Post a Comment