MONDAY, AUGUST 29, 2011
Thunder and Lightning
Asher had his very first Westlake Thunder Youth Football League game on Saturday.
The whole family loaded up with chairs and snacks and headed out.
I must admit. I'm not a fan of football. I don't watch it on t.v., I've never been to a college football game, I think I went to a High School game once. However, all that changes as I watched my very own freckly flesh and blood on the field. I asked Scott question after question.
"Now who has the ball?"
"Which way are they suppose to go?"
"Why did they just kick the ball?"
"How many turns do they get before the other guys get the ball?"
As you can see my intense questioning kept Scott, well, laughing.
And rolling his eyes at times.
I was continually scanning the field for #44. They take those boys on and off, on and off the field.
Our team lost the game, and it was a tough loss.
Afterwards, I expected a downtrodden, sweaty boy to return to the car.
Much to the contrary. Asher came all smiles and hopped in his seat.
When I asked him what he thought he said, "I know we didn't win, but I got to play a lot in this game and it was so fun!"
Ah. Success.
Here's to many more Saturdays in the sun screaming my guts out.
Now on to the Lightning section of the post.
We've had some serious thunderstorms this summer.
Really fantastic displays of the power of the skies.
So I decided it was high time I got out there and attempted to get a shot of the awesome lightning.
Out our back there is an awesome unrestricted view and I believe this would be the best spot for me to get a great shot, also the deck has a covered area where my camera won't get wet.
So the last two nights I've sat outside in the rain and wind, camera perched on a tripod, fending of mosquitoes, taking shot after shot, hoping to capture some electricity.
Last night I had some success. Honestly out of 100 shots I probably got 5 good ones, but I think I may be addicted.
The whole family loaded up with chairs and snacks and headed out.
I must admit. I'm not a fan of football. I don't watch it on t.v., I've never been to a college football game, I think I went to a High School game once. However, all that changes as I watched my very own freckly flesh and blood on the field. I asked Scott question after question.
"Now who has the ball?"
"Which way are they suppose to go?"
"Why did they just kick the ball?"
"How many turns do they get before the other guys get the ball?"
As you can see my intense questioning kept Scott, well, laughing.
And rolling his eyes at times.
I was continually scanning the field for #44. They take those boys on and off, on and off the field.
Our team lost the game, and it was a tough loss.
Afterwards, I expected a downtrodden, sweaty boy to return to the car.
Much to the contrary. Asher came all smiles and hopped in his seat.
When I asked him what he thought he said, "I know we didn't win, but I got to play a lot in this game and it was so fun!"
Ah. Success.
Here's to many more Saturdays in the sun screaming my guts out.
Now on to the Lightning section of the post.
We've had some serious thunderstorms this summer.
Really fantastic displays of the power of the skies.
So I decided it was high time I got out there and attempted to get a shot of the awesome lightning.
Out our back there is an awesome unrestricted view and I believe this would be the best spot for me to get a great shot, also the deck has a covered area where my camera won't get wet.
So the last two nights I've sat outside in the rain and wind, camera perched on a tripod, fending of mosquitoes, taking shot after shot, hoping to capture some electricity.
Last night I had some success. Honestly out of 100 shots I probably got 5 good ones, but I think I may be addicted.
| This was the approaching storm. It was still behind the west mountains. |
| Off centered, but the storm was definitely moving in. The wind had begun and some rain. |
| I just thought this was awesome. This was that lightning you can't see. I think it was behind cloud cover, but it would light the whole night sky in a pink hue. |
![]() |
| This was my last shot as the storm continued to move northeast. This is shot off my back deck with an unrestricted view. |

4 comments:
Awesome shots Aim and what a good Mom - all interested in football and such! He looks so skinny and cute in that uniform!
Oh how I love football. I want to come watch Asher play, I wish we didn't live so far away. I hope Luc wants to play someday. Although I may end up being one of those out of control parents who's screaming and yelling the whole time. Maybe it's good he has a few years before he can that will give me some time to mellow... You know what I love? I love it when I start to write a simple comment on someone's blog and end up writing my own little post... all about me and my children. That's what I love. Oh and you. I love you too.
Awesome, Aim!!! You have some talent! Keep it up! Oh, and if you need some help at Asher's football games, I LOVE FOOTBALL!!! I grew up watching it and going to games, collecting football cards, playing with my brothers and uncles, and continue to watch with my kids. We'd actually love to come cheer on Ash!!! Between
Scott and I, we could help you get the gist of the game!
Mama Bell = Cami Rush. Sorry, posting from my mom's house.
Post a Comment