On a Saturday night Taylor, Terri, Scott, and I headed to our first professional soccer game.
I was in awe of the beautiful Rio Tinto Stadium. It was huge and magnificent. We were on the east side and the sun set and left beautiful colors across the sky while we enjoyed the amazing feats of athleticism. We had pretty decent seats. The handicap section allowed us to stretch our legs. Ironic, eh? Shortly into the game there was some musical chairs taking place and the girl sitting next to us held her beer cup in her teeth while she moved. Now, I've heard of rowdy concerts or sporting events where you may have a beer spilled on you, but this caught me off guard. Sure enough it slipped from it's teethy grasp and landed....in Taylor's lap. Oh my. The girl was very embarassed,but Taylor barely flinched.
We went on with our night; the smell of yeast wafting in our noses. Taylor, being a lacrosse man all the way, had some stiff criticism of the soccer players. On a few awesome goalie blocks he did crack a smile. Really, these players were quite impressive. I really love to soak up a new experience and I did just that. I think Scotty had a good time too. However, only after we got home and I read the papers did I realize this was called one of the "Most Boring" games Real has had.
Real won the game 1-0, and then we were treated to a One Republic Concert. They've put out many a song that makes it to the top of the charts. I haven't been to too many concerts. Okay, 3, and they weren't really stellar. There was New Kids on the Block in the 80's. Should've brought my binoculars to see my Joey Joe up there on stage making me swoon. There was Weird Al (front row I might add) in the mid-90's with my cute boyfriend. My cute boyfriend was the best part of the show. And then after I married that cute boyfriend we made a weekend getaway to Boise and went to a John Mayer show. I love his music, but not so much his facial expressions or personality.
What really took me in was the front man, Ryan Tedder's, voice. It was just beautiful; clear and great control. The band also played many instruments including the cello and violin. It was a short performance, but they hit all the big songs and even one that will be on their new album. What a fantastic night full of new experiences with some of the best company I can think of.


4 comments:
How fun. I love One Republic. If I remember correctly Jared got beer spilled on him at a concert once. I have only been to a few concerts myself but there are some crazy fans out there.
I've been a fan of "One Republic" lately also.
It was so fun just to be there. You tell it well Ryan is phenomenal. Beautiful pics Aim
oHHHH soo much fun ! I Love ONe Republic! Jared did get a beer spilled all down his back at a Brad Paisley concert. Ha!!
Post a Comment