10.18.2011

Medicine for the soul

For family night last week we left town and headed to the mountains.
This is really, truly one of my most favorite things to do with my family.
I love to get away into nature and just let each person unwind, explore, talk, and bond.
Scott had Fall Break so we were able to leave in the late afternoon.

 We went to one of our favorite spots up American Fork Canyon. It meets our families needs; handicap accessible, bathroom close by, water close by, fire pit.


 Chloe worked on her homework while the boys all practiced their fire starting skills.
There's something about the mountain air that takes the whining and complaining out of my children.
"You gather firewood, you haul the chairs, you find the perfect spot..." and they all happily run and do.



 Cole discovered this awesome fungus growing on a stump.  He had to show it to me, but only after he'd kicked it a time or two to figure out what it was made of.
 Fire apprentice being carefully watched.

 We cooked our hotdogs and smores, and shared some good laughs.
Wonderful time. With this weather we may be able to sneak in another visit.

Proof that I was there, and I still enjoy a smore.

4 comments:

Jen said...

wish we lived closer - that looks like good times!

Denise said...

I totally miss the Utah mountains. That and good friends. Your kids are getting way too big.

Calvin said...

Nice! FYI, loved the secret surprised on our door step, thank you so much, so fun

Unknown said...

I know I don't comment EVER but I love reading your blog Amy. Your such a fun mommy!