L-O-V-E love it!
Scott's out of school. The kids are out of school.
I have time off, and it is glorious and a wonderful change of pace.
So, I thought I would document what we've done this year in those days that lead up to Christmas.
With no "white stuff" around, Asher created his own snowball out of paper, soaked in water, placed in the freezer, and chiseled into the correct shape.
Lots of work. The kind of work a boy loves.
We visited Temple Square as family with Dad and Mom for the first time in several years.
Parking is far easier now, and so it may become tradition again.
It was beautiful and made me think back to my childhood.
We also went in and watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas.
I'd forgotten how I love that movie.
My favorite line is when Mr.Krueger is speaking to the Christ child in a dream:
"You're my closest, my finest friend. And that means that I can hold my head high, wherever I go."
A must watch at the Christmas season.
We also spotted this beauty, Birth of Christ, by Carl Bloch.
Chloe was working on a paper about Carl Bloch. One of the missionaries on site told us this is the original painting! You could see it was divided into 3 separate sections. What a beautiful piece and even more special as Chloe was studying him and his work, and here was one right before our eyes.
The day after we went to Temple Square as a family I got to go with the youth in our ward.
It was much colder that night, but we stayed warm walking quickly to fulfill everything on our photography scavenger hunt.
This picture means so much more than it shows.
Over Scott's winter break he went in to the DMV and took his road test to get a permanent driver's license. He passed the test.
This is such a huge step for Scotty, and the things he is able to do for our family, with our family and for himself have grown tremendously because of this great accomplishment.
Many people would not think much of this, but for us it is monumental.
After school one day Scott told Asher to hop in the truck because they were going to run into town.
They ended up going to the Burger King drive thru. Scott ordered them each a LARGE soda, and ordered fries to bring home for everyone. I loved this! This is such a Dad thing to do, and the children's joy was evident. They were so pleased that Dad had thought of them, brought them a treat, and mostly that he did it himself. Highlight of Christmas Break.
The school Christmas sing-in.
I was wowed by the kids in Santa hats belting out Christmas tunes.
It's all on tape.
Family Christmas Party 2011.
Good food. Great Santa time. Gift exchange and yearly report.
John boy just couldn't quit eating.
He was starving. This shot captured that well.
Grace continues to be terrified of Santa, but big strides were made as he got her to clasp hands with him.
We've been doing plenty of bird watching with our binoculars over the break.
The remnants of the fall corn harvest brings plenty of birds to our back window.
Our favorite are the bald eagles that keep coming back for a good meal (of birds, not corn).
We also see plenty of geese and sparrows (I think).
Not a great shot because of the distance, but here are the two bald eagles we've been watching.
Asher kindly made his little sister this sandwich for lunch while I was out.
I found it in the sink. Wonder why she wouldn't eat it?
Lots of mustard? check.
A bit o' meat? check.
Couple large cherry tomatoes? check.
We've practiced the waltz to Christmas music.
Chloe, Hunter, and Asher worked some Christmas magic and made this cake with homemade fondant.
Chloe was so proud to have made a comeback from an earlier cake/fondant disaster.
Beautiful work kids.
Miss Grace had a special trip to Dr.Kendall to have a scratched cornea looked at and treated.
She looks happy now that she's had some medicine and a patch, but believe me there were 2 hours of tears and rags held against her eye before this.
And to wrap things up, I was FINALLY able to see Roman Aaron, Mr. Bubba Chub himself.
He did not disappoint, no siree!
Adorable. Smelled like heaven.
Dark, piercing eyes.
2 Chins!
Wonderful.
No pictures included of our fantastic Piano Christmas Party complete with ice cream bar, and
a wonderful night out where we treated my parents (for once) to a delicious dinner at Harvest restaurant. We sat by the fireplace, chatted, and I enjoyed every moment with 3 of my very most favorite people.
Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
OHHH Aim you are a great MOm ! I love reading your blog. Jealous of the waltzing and the bubba chub visit! I hope you will come see me next week. OHHH and P.s. i laughed till I cried when I saw that sandwich- Um salad on bread in your sink! oHHH I love kids!
Christmas break was always one of my favorites because our family was so much fun. Creating good memories is the best part of life. Your family will have so many.
Looks like you've been enjoying every minute. Congrats to scotty on his license!!! yeah!!
Post a Comment