The kids love these. It means cousin Hadley comes over and they oogle her, play with her, lay by her, and generally are entranced.
Our family is entering that other-realm where everyone continues to get older and there is no little baby to fill the last slot anymore. It is a wonderful place to be, but we need substitutes to fill that slot because everyone needs a little baby in their life. :)
Grace especially loves her. She talks about her a lot when she's not here. She talks to her reflection in the van window all about Had-a-ley. She talks about her on her pretend phone. She asks Grandma if Had-a-ley is at her house today. Here she was entertaining with a shiny ornament.
I had Asher hop out of this picture because I couldn't see Hadley at all, but he was nestled up by her on the couch while she snoozed.
It really is such a joy to have other sibilings who have little ones we can enjoy and love on. It's really gratifying to watch your own children love other little children, and see the skills they're already developing to do that.
Our fine day ended with a romp in the field in crisp November air and a beautiful sunset.
We consider ourselves lucky indeed.
3 comments:
She's so lovable! You family is the best Aim! We love having you babysit her because we know she will be so loved by all at your home. But who couldn't love her? I mean really.
oHHH man I'm missing out on my Hadley time! Come visit me Johnny Boy but not without Hadley! Cute pictures Aim!
Eeek I love all those children so much!
Post a Comment