12.11.2011

I've added to my pin collection

I was recently released as the Bear den leader. 
What a fantastic time it was. Those 9 year old boys are happy, eager, and so funny.
I started with my very own 9 year old Bear Asher, and have spent nearly 3 years helping boys learn to tie knots, buy used cars, enjoy nature, and carve soap.

My own two boys are advancing nicely through the scouting program. 
Aidan was awarded the rank of Wolf on November 10, 2011. 


Asher's been busily working towards 1st Class Rank.
Here he was rescuing someone with an injured ankle from a smoke-filled room.
It was so much fun he rescued each sibling, even Chloe.


 On November 29, 2011 Asher received the rank of 2nd Class Scout.
He is one overnight campout away from 1st class, and will be doing that in January.
Yea for winter camping!
He's also started earning some merit badges. Boy, those are a doozy. I helped him study up for the automotive maintenance merit badge. I can now explain the main differences between a gas and diesel engine, and so can he!
I'm thankful for the Scout program for my boys. It encourages them to learn new things, work hard, always do their best, and helps them form bonds with other boys and leaders.

3 comments:

Britney said...

Woohoo, that's awesome! I'm glad I got to work two summers at a boyscout camp and gain my own little testimony of its values and fun since I never had brothers.

JP Anderson said...

Good job Asher and Amy. Scouting was the best! I wish they had scouting for adults.

Jen said...

Way to go Momma! Great work boys! Now on to the more Feminine side of things! Whahooo!!