This balmy winter has given my children every opportunity to fill up on Vitamin D.
They are outside all the time. Riding bikes, playing basketball, riding ripsticks, jumping on the trampoline. And today, having a picnic. Yup. A picnic with snack and friends on the trampoline like it was 80 degrees out. No jackets either, so it really was a picnic.
So let's start to tie this all together.
Cole is loud.
Lots of you know that. You've been around him enough to have experienced his Grandma Bonnie-esque loud voice. He's loud when he first wakes up, when he's headed to bed, and all in between.
So today he headed outside for a 48 degree play time with several friends he'd rounded up. I laid Grace down for a nap in my room and I "read the paper on the couch". That's code for "read the paper until my eyelids are heavy with news and take a little nap."
Shortly into the nap I heard Cole, outside, "talking" to his friends. "HEY GUYS, COME IN HERE AND LET'S GET SOME BIKES!" garage door goes up. bikes retrieved.
He continues to shout instructions and ideas. They pedal far enough away his voice fades.
Ahhhh. Back to that nap.
Not so fast. He's back. He's in the driveway now. "LET'S ALL GET SOME SNACKS TO HAVE A PICNIC. K GUYS? I'LL GET SOME SNACKS IN MY HOUSE!"
front door opens. slams.
he climbs onto the counter. grabs a snack.
front door slams.
"I GOT SNACKS! COME ON! LET'S GET ON MY TRAMPOLINE NOW WITH THIS BLANKET K GUYS!"
This nap is so over. I'm just lying there with my eyes closed wondering why he's so loud. Do other Mother's have to go tell their children to quiet down when they're outside? You know that cute little "inside voice vs. outside voice" parents remind their kids of? Well, he has neither. He has "blow out your eardrums voice," and "I love my Mom" voice (this ones low and smooth and only used on yours truly).
As Grandma would say, "It's a good thing he's cute!"

6 comments:
What a fun kid he is. I bet his friends think he the best.
ps I like the new look
That kid is going to make it big with that big voice, you know. :)
heeehehee/ I can hear him saying (shouting) everything I just read. love it.
some times if you are lucky enough you get a child that is so happy he cant contain himself such is cole.
I feel you there, I really do.
Post a Comment