I don't think this is one of them.
While we were reading as a family Cole was brushing my hair. When he switched to a comb I noticed, but wasn't concerned. However, after a few minutes I realized we had a problem. He was done working my mane over and the back of my head was heavy. He'd successfully trapped that comb in my hair.
Honestly, I wasn't to worried about it.
He switched to a remote control car while we finished out the chapter. ( Remind me to work on his attention span). After we wrapped up our scripture study Asher went to work on my hair.
It wasn't good.
Eventually, he took scissors and cut chunks of the comb off to free my hair.
After 1 1/2 hours my head was sore and it was past his bedtime.
We left it looking like this and headed to bed.
I woke the next morning in a bad mood.
The comb was swinging at the back of my head as a reminder of the mess
I had to tackle. It was there taunting me as I stirred the cream of wheat. I decided to put out a call
for help on facebook. Within minutes Jen called, clearly not understanding this was still a serious situation.
To her giggling surprise the comb had lasted all through the night. I accused her of calling for her own pleasure as she could do nothing to help my situation. While I was on the phone I heard a friendly voice at the door.
Help had arrived. Heather was at my door with willing hands and a reverence for my beautiful red hair. (She's got a red headed sister).
When she saw what she was up against she was concerned. The picture I had posted online was taken before Asher's hour and half procedure.
Things were tight and tricky.
Heather applied conditioner and water to loosen things up. It helped some and she rescued a sizable chunk. At this point a haircut was discussed. I had phone calls and facebook posts suggesting WD-40, baby oil, and a skewer to loosen the hair from the comb.
I used the skewer idea. I asked for Mom's help. She half- heartedly stuck that skewer in then
danced around me in some sort of ritual dance while chanting.
I knew I'd have to go in search of outside help. I headed over to the Whiffens. Liz answered in her bathrobe with sleepy eyes. You okay? she asked.
NO! I turned the back of my head to her.
With patience and her delicate fingers she continued to pick away.
Then she started using Asher's technique and would snip away big chunks of comb that would go flying across her living room and were quickly retrieved by Izzy and Ziggy.
After about an hour the comb was gone and there was a class V rat's nest to tackle.
With the help of a special serum used on her daughter's tangles she slowly picked the nest apart.
It was a miracle.
All because I read my scriptures.
5 comments:
A Miracle Indeedly doo! Hilarity at its finest! I'm so glad you didn't have to cut it! I may be slightly in love with your long red hair! However, I would have paid big money to see you at Zuppas with an updo around your comb! Big Money! Love the picture with Mom in the background - assuming her usual pose - hands behind back! NICE!!
this post made me laugh...a lot. especially the part about the comb swinging from your head the day after. ha! I mean...sorry that happened to you, aim. thank goodness for skewers and dance rituals.
The back of your head reminds me of a dog needing a vet. The skewer was your finest moment in all of this.
2 Nephi 13:24
And it shall come to pass, instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle, a rent; and instead of well set hair, baldness; and instead of a stomacher, a girding of sackcloth; burning instead of beauty.
Song of Solomon 4:1
1 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves’ eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.
Thanks for saving me time on sit-ups this morning. Hope your head feels better soon.
i am dying laughing but only because it seems to have ended well. oh my goodness amy! I wish i were there to help (and see your mom's dance!)
love you, miss you!
IT WAS MY DANCE THAT HELPED LIZ LOOSEN THE LOCKS. YOUR HAIR IS TRULEY BEAUTIFULL
Post a Comment