2.02.2010

Amy's got her groove back.

I ran on the treadmill yesterday.
I was feeling good. Moving along at a good pace. My music was pumping in my ears. Sweat dripping down my face. I was nearing mile two.

I smelled a burning smell.  My first thought was that I had been vacuuming earlier- could I have burnt the belt?  The smell was getting stronger. Oh man! I was in a groove I didn't want to have to stop and investigate if our home was going to burn to the ground.  But I did.

Turns out my treadmill was smoking.  (I knew I was good, but not that good!)
Actually the tread had gotten off to one side and was being melted away.
Nice.

I took my sweaty tomato face outside and finished up with some lunges.


So I am wondering, anyone have experience realigning your treadmill's track?  I  thank you in advance for possibly bringing my groove back.

5 comments:

Tonya said...

You're just too hot for your treadmill! Good luck

Em said...

Just buy a new belt. And ask the neighbor "shoe polish" man to repair. he will do it. He knows how to do it. Work on being a bit more dainty in the future.

shawn rowley said...

there shoul be a tool of somekind that wil adjust one or both of the roller bars across the front or back. it could be just a big allen wrench that came with your rig.

if you google your question along with the make and model of your machine you will probly find what your looking for. if you can't find it let me know, then terri and i will have an excuse to come visit.

Jen said...

My treadmill did the same thing only I think it was smoking under the weight of my body!

Amy said...

Thanks Shawn. Will came over tonight and fixed it. It was just as you said, an allen wrench used on the bottom.