I've been thinking about pregnancy lately.
No this is not an announcement.
I've just been thinking about the wonder of it all.
I've seen a few pregnant women here and there- a few REALLY pregnant women
and some still caught in the throes of terrible morning sickness.
I always feel a bit of their excitement/pain when I see them.
Bringing a baby into this world is not for the faint of heart.
While I shouldn't complain about my pregnancies, because they are mild compared to others,
that first sickly part is the worst for me.
It's just so depressing and barfy.
Not feeling like yourself, not being able to accomplish the
most essential tasks, constant nausea really tests me.
And then there is the recovery after baby.
In the beginning(baby #1 & #2) I just bounced back. I felt like me quickly.
Jeans? Sure. Clean the house when I get home? No problemo.
On with the routine.
But I noticed something this 5th and final time.
I was worn out.
My incision hurt.
I had a permanent muffin top.
My abs seem to have separated. Like the Red Sea was parted- so too my abs.
My hair fell out.
I grew little baby hairs all over the front of my head.
It felt so thin- and it was the only thin thing on me!
I had it cut several times and the stylist would urge me to just hang in there
and use some goo to stick those baby hairs down.
I went for the gym clothes look day in and day out, but I never went to the gym.
It's taken some work to make me feel a bit like myself again, but I think it's happened.
My hair feels normal.
My clothes "fit".
I can sneeze and not have to change my pants.
My baby is 20 months old.
Yep. Nearly 2.
And she is wonderful. It's worth every bit of it.
Hats off to all those women out there who sacrifice so much to bring babies into this world.
3 comments:
I agree it is all worth it and I can now say that 19 months later. I don't know Amy, I'd have to say that most women I know don't have to push IV carts down the road while pregnant and looking for their other children. Complain away my friend complain away. Looks like that forget all things hormones has kicked in;)
Hats off to you! you look lovely to me.
I am still working off baby # 2 and she will be 21 in a few months. Way to go Amy!
Post a Comment