I've daydreamed of Maine in the Fall, and the Bahamas when I walk the kids to school.
I settled on a date night to a rooftop concert in Provo.
It was different and felt far away enough. It was out of our normal date night range.
I made Scott wear his handsome "old man sweater" and flip his hair.
He accused me of trying to make us young again (although he's the one that
said it was an old man sweater). I felt young. And hip.
We enjoyed some new tunes, holding hands, on a rooftop in the chilly September air.
Surrounded by mostly 20-somethings from BYU.
It was new. I like new with someone old.
Then we tried something else new, but definitely not free. 5 Guys.
I have to admit the food was delish.
It was Stake Conference weekend.
I know the joy of having children old enough/responsible enough
to babysit. Scott and I enjoyed the adult session of Stake Conference,
just the two of us. The speakers were so uplifting and the Spirit testified
of the truthfulness of their words. My testimony grew.
By the way Jen, I used that cute little book you gave me at sister campout!
President Wilkinson spoke of the Holy Ghost touching our hearts and our minds. (D&C 8)
He talked about the Holy Ghost giving us an impression in our hearts. A general feeling.
Next we must act on that impression. This is faith.
He will then speak again to our minds just as he did for Enos.
It was a beautiful talk.
Scott, Chloe and Asher did the duty of going an hour early to the Sunday meeting
so we could have a soft seat. Again the speakers were so wonderful and inspiring.
I loved President Holland's pioneer stories and especially this quote:
"Conform our will to His and then make that will rock-ribbed and pioneer strong."
Sounds like some good branding for tires or something of the like.
President Packer shared a story when he was a young seminary teacher.
Of course I immediately thought of Dad, being that President Packer was Dad's seminary teacher.
President Packer had a boy in his class who contributed best when he stayed at home. (Dad assured me this boy was not himself :) During a meeting with several other seminary teachers President Packer asked at what point he could ask the boy not to come to class anymore.
The answer he received was, "What if he were your boy?"
The kids pulled off another Sunday night extravaganza.
They performed Noah & the Ark complete with puppets,
lighting (think lightning, God speaking to Noah, etc.),backdrops,
and brownies afterwards. I recorded (sorry no still photos for you to enjoy)
and Scott attempted to keep Grace from pulling the entire
production (precariously set up on a walker) to the ground.
The weekend?
It was good.
4 comments:
You guys are dang cute together. Glad you had a short get away. Not just deserved crucial in my book.
I like the sweater. Loved the date idea. Thought conference was fantastic too. Fun to have shared half of it with you. I am glad you got that quote written down- I was so busy writing something else that I missed getting it fast enough. Sister Beck was, as usual a gem too. Cal and I were the designated "soft seat savers" in our family. I also thought of Dad-.Good stuff
you two rock....
What a darling picture of you two and of our two girls! I wish I'd been there to go on that date. Thanks for sharing what you learned in conf. What had Stake Conference to and I'm gonna blog about it as soon as I'm done canning. Love you!
Post a Comment