12.22.2010

Snow Day!

Remember those snow days as a kid.  They were awesome!
They would cancel school because of the drifting that was sure to occur in Burley.
Those farm kids couldn't make it in and we'd all cheer.
We'd be outside making snow forts for hours.
I remember one year listening by the radio in the early morning hours as school was cancelled
several days in a row. "No school in Cassia County".  It was a kid's dream come true.

Yesterday I woke up to run and was met by 7 inches of the heavy wet white stuff.


I shoveled the driveway as per the children's winter instructions.
I am to push as much snow onto the front lawn as possible.
This aids them in making their awesome snow forts.
Like a kid myself I headed out the grocery store before the sun was up
slipping and sliding my way to the hot chocolate aisle.
I stocked up and came home and set it out along with the children's sleds
that were suppose to be Christmas gifts.  I couldn't resist.

I woke them all up by yanking open their blinds to the blinding white. Cole asked if this was Christmas.
Chores were done in a hurry and they all headed out.  I borrowed Scott's snow clothes
and joined them in sledding and the fort building competition.  It was so much fun (and a great calorie burner).

Happy Snow Day!





3 comments:

Shar said...

You'd better watch out, Amy, or my kids might want you for a mom. Then you'd have 10 (and wouldn't that be fun!). We all should take a lesson and go out and sled some more!

Molly Thorne said...

So fun! I remember building forts in the huge ditch bank. We have had one snow day and my kids built snow men.

Katie said...

You really are truly the coolest mom. I would never think to do that... I would just send them out. I need to take some lessons from you... or you should just text me what you are doing so I can copy you.