1.12.2011

Dinner with Cole

It was quick sandwiches and veggies tonight.

We were missing Asher (w/scouts @ Cabela's) and Aidan (basketball practice).
Cole gave the prayer and that was the beginning.

Please note: I have typed Cole's words in his own tongue. 
Cole: I was at Tylo's today and we were listening to music. Then I fell and I did the splits and I was like "Oh, my crotch." (said in a quiet, high voice with one eye squinched shut and the opposite eyebrow raised).
I turned my head to laugh and laugh.
Composure regained.
Me: Cole. Please don't say crotch at the Burdette's house.
Cole: Oh Mom I just said it in my head.

We all continued on our culinary journey.
I look at Cole and he is cross-legged on his chair like a little yogi. Thumb and pointer finger touching, chanting, "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

Me: Cole, where did you learn that?
Cole: I didn't. I watched it on Little Biw.
Me: Huh?
Cole: Little Biw.
Chloe: Little Biw?
Cole: No, Little Biw.
Chloe: Little Bill?
Me: Little Bill!
Cole: No! Little Biw!
pause......
Me: Little Bear?
Cole: Yes, Little Biw!
Hey, Little Biw(Bill) and Little Biw(Bear) sound the same.

Chloe: Only when you say it.

4 comments:

Shar said...

I love his little voice! Oh, to be a fly on the wall during dinner at your house!

Em said...

hahahahaha--->(repeat for 3 mins).

Terri said...

This story is golden

Ging said...

I want to have dinner with Cole. I do. yesterday in class Ellie was assigned to write something about each of her siblings. I was there as an aid. Ellie wrote: Caleb likes to play BDeO games. Her teacher strongly encourages them to write it the way they say it- it is working.
P.S. Word verification: crybo