![]() |
| Brit, My sis Wendy, Savanna |
![]() |
| Kate & Becca |
| Isaac |
![]() |
| Kenz w/ little sis Ellie |
I've been thinking about them a lot. Young adulthood is tough stuff. It's a lot of decision-making that will greatly determine your direction in life. It's an emotional roller coaster. It's a time when you want to be treated like an adult, but somedays you just want to go back home and be taken care of. You may feel isolated from everyone, and yet you you have a large cheering section that waits and watches and prays. You are trying to figure out who you are or where you need to be or what you should become.
Of course I am pulled back to my young adult years. Oh boy. I was immature and indecisive. I was needy and loud. Ugh. Magic eraser, please?
My nieces and nephew are magnificent people. Strong testimonies, vision, service oriented, lots of life-experience, full of love, so much to offer, willing to work, to grow, to stretch themselves, fun, funny, smart, dedicated, beautiful people. With parents who love and support, dream big with them, talk about reality, nudge in the right direction, keep pushing them on, encourage habits that bring lasting happiness, cry when their children hurt, and celebrate who they are becoming.
I hope I am up for the challenge of raising my children through those difficult years.
If there is something I want them to know it would be quite simply, you are loved. Your parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, your Savior, your Father in Heaven all love you. Your family loves you. Your family will always be here for you. Use the wisdom that those two adults in your home have to offer.
p.s. Happy Birthday Month to many of them.
Kenz
Katie
Becca
G.J. &
Savanna



7 comments:
That was spoken from the heart and much appreciated love. Your a good Aunt maybe because you still can do single ladies complete with the moves.
Thank you Amy. It does take a village...,but first it takes a family. One thing that always gives me strength is knowing that there is a support system behind my support system. That's how we do this thing- by each of us doing a little piece like a quilt and then sewing it together.
Aww this was just what I needed to start my day! When my students are being naughty I will think of this...ahhh thanks Aim! Love ya!
Profoundly thought-out and expressed. They are an amazing bunch...in spite of their parents.
Oh geez! The dumb things I did when i was their age. To all you great parents in the family may I quote Elder Holland, "Children are likely to exceed their parent's example." It's no wonder we have such an impressive bunch.
Mmmmm...I'm feeling not so much like a "young" adult these days but I think I really still fit in and I'm still doing those "dumb" things and figuring it out. But, I wonder when that will stop? :) Thanks.
I love them all too. Even though I am closest in age to them, I think I'm the lousiest of the Aunties. Probably because I'm least likely to give sage advice; with barely a handful of years on 'm.
Post a Comment