1.02.2011

New Year, New You

For Family Night last week we broke out last year's resolution lists.
Each of us read through our list and decided if we'd accomplished the task or if it still needed work.
Some of my favorites from last year included:
Be a full tithe payer
Only eat candy every other day.
Clean the whole house some days.
Love and care for my family.
No drinks after 6:00
Use my manners.

Some of these were completed. Others were valiantly worked on. 
A few completely forgotten.
Then we set to writing some new resolutions.

And again, my favorites from everyone's lists:
Learn to cook 3 new soups.
Save $100 for my mission.
Give 6 compliments a day.
Learn to tell time.
Quit chewing my fingernails.
Get my Arrow of Light.
Work on keeping my voice quieter.
Don't hurt animals.

I, for one, like this about the New Year.
I feel like it gives me a chance to take personal inventory.
Start anew.
Wipe the slate.
Try again.
Renew my efforts.

How about you?
Do you resolve in the New Year?

Scott helps Cole resolve to do better.

2 comments:

Em said...

Love it! We made some. And...tried something new. Helped eachther make one new resolution. Very exciting. :)

Jen said...

Sorry but I couldn't hear you because I was to busy lookin at those little beauties over there on the side of yer blog!! OHHHH mY!!