4.24.2012

Monday, Monday

The day started with fire in my belly. I'd accomplished a short list by 8 am and headed into town.  However, the fire was snuffed out.  I spent the next couple of hours contemplating human interaction and all its intricacies. I was in a funk.

 So I slid into the comfortable 80 degree weather and let the kids run amuck.

I painted Coley's nails because I had denied him the opportunity at the school carnival. He picked a glaring orange and sat mesmerized by the ants covering a piece of candy on the driveway.

 Grace had noticed my "pretty toes" and wanted some for herself.

 Aidan was home recovering from strep throat.  He found that old plastic he's been creating knives from and made a bubble want from it.  Then he found an empty ibuprofen bottle and made up a bubble concoction and tinted it yellow with food coloring. It worked quite well, except for the part where you turned yellow when the bubbles popped on you.

 I came home from a day trip to find this lovely basketball hoop in my driveway. Asher and a couple friends had "rescued" it from the field.  The plan was to fix it up a bit and sell it for money.  He been busy scraping of skull stickers, painting it and bending it back into shape. I gave him a time restriction on getting it sold.
 Aidan decided to make some banana crumb muffins.  I decided to let him manage it all.  I only stepped in when he was using salt rather than baking powder.  They turned out pretty darn good.
 This littlest one ran around with self-applied sunscreen on her face, a runny nose, and the neighbor's bike helmet.  She'd come in and out of the house checking in and having me unfasten or refasten that helmet.
 I didn't catch a picture of Chloe (blast!) but she was busy babying her strawberry plant and sewing a mustache pillow inspired by cousin Livy.

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun day!

Bonnie Anderson said...

it sounds like one off those golden days

Denise said...

The days that start with "fire in the belly" always end with me laying on the couch watching the kids destroy what I had managed to accomplish. And it's just wonderful. You're day sounded perfect.