8.21.2012

Just You+Me: Chloe

I make plans of grandeur each summer. Many won't come to fruition, but those that are most important to me always do.  Top of that list is one on one dates with each of our children.  We have busy lives. I think it's important for Scott and I to take the time with our focus solely on one child. Plus, it is so much fun to plan these dates and think what each of my children love to do. I'll start with the oldest child and share each of our dates in order of age.

For Chloe's date with me I had planned to take her to my salon. She's only had her hair cut at the Dollar Cuts or by a friend, so it was a special treat.

This is our before picture. Not a bad start I'd say :)
The night before our date we were evacuated from our home because of the Dump Fire.
We had stayed the night at Ginger and Scott's in AF.  I had limited clothing, but we still made a go of it.
We both had our hair cut and our makeup done. It was fun to spend the day doing girly things with her.
She has definitely grown up a lot the last year.
She is becoming a wonderful young woman with so much to offer the world.
I'm lucky to be her mother.


The date Scott planned for Chloe was a Real Salt Lake game.
Chloe loves soccer and has talked often of wanting to see a professional game.
Again, we were out of our house for the hardwood floor to be repaired.
So I drove them to the stadium from Salt Lake, and of course I sent them with my camera. They made good use of it. They came home with random pictures of the back of people's head, the sidewalk, etc. and giggled as I looked through. "We made sure to get lots of pictures for you Mom." Those two can get real silly when they're together.







My favorite shot of them. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

you two didn't need any making over! Lovely!