5.19.2008

Better Late than Never

So I haven't posted in a hundred years.  At least that's what is must feel like to my faithful readers ;).  Let's just say I haven't been feeling real well.

Okay, you mostly all know we're expecting a baby at the beginning of January.  If you didn't know then...we're expecting a baby at the beginning of January!

This really is the most dreaded and awful part for me.  Feeling nauseous 24/7 is not my idea of a good time.  The reward is always worth it, but it's really difficult to keep my head in the game.  So Terri got right on the bandwagon and started thinking of baby names for me because she "knows my style".  She said my baby naming style is like my decorating style- simple, clean, straight lines.  And honestly, she came up with a few that I really liked.  So far my number one pick is...

Grace Katherine . 

Scotty likes it too.  And if it's a boy we'll call him Gracie and he'll wear pink on the weekends.  

In other news, how about this weather.  Remember my old post about the signs of summer?  Well, today we are fulfilling one of those dreams.  We'll be blowing up the long awaited pirate pool.  Hopefully I can take a few pics and post them soon.  I actually ate breakfast and lunch so far today to that is helpful.  Those pretzels I had for dinner last night just didn't cut the mustard, but it was all I could stomach.  

Today at therapy Scotty told his therapist we were expecting a baby.  Now mind you we see these people twice a week.  So his therapist (a guy!) says, "you're not even showing".  I said, "Of course not, not when your about 2 minutes pregnant (6 weeks actually, but you know what I was saying).  Scott had been at therapy for about an hour at this point, so he looks at Scott and says, "How will I be documenting that for therapy?" 

On that note... have a great day.

6 comments:

JP Anderson said...

That's pretty funny stuff. I'd bet Scott is good friends with his therapist. I wouldn't mind taking a soak in the pirate pool. That sounds like fun. You should set it up by the tramp or the deck so they can jump into it. Thats the best! I'm going to be an awesome dad.

Jen said...

Wow, she is alive! Bless your little sicko heart! I know all too well and all to recently just how you feel and for that reason I will not mention any food names or make you get off of the couch! Sorry to you! Hope its a girl because I have a boy named Zander and he wears pink not only on the weekends but everyday of his blessed little 3 year old life. Bless his dad's heart for allowing this to go on just to make Mr. Z happy! YIKES!!! I too will be blowing up the pool for the second time and have been reminded by my sweet Anna already 4 times this morning and its only 9 a.m. John, I love that you gave your self a shout out on being the best Dad - that cracks me up! You will be a great Dad I'm sure! Love you all! JEN

Denise said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you. In a couple years you'll have to share your methods for convincing your husband to have more kids. Seth swears we're done and I can't even fathom the idea of only having three.

Oh and you guys are kickin' some big time butt on the home makeover contest... I check it almost everyday. When and if the numbers start slowing I'll send out another batch of emails. Love you!

Molly Thorne said...

I love the girl name and I'll keep my fingers crossed. Sorry your sick. I remember when I was sick with Ethan and I thought Tristan thought he was single again because I pretty much was a sombie and there was days when I didn't say a word to him because I was so ill. John, Have you seen Amy's deck her kids will break their little legs if they jump off of it.
Hip Hip Horray for warm weather, however Bailey has been in her swimsuit since I can remember.p.s. my baby plays with her toes, so so cute. And my Jillian Michaels workout is kicking my butt. Just thought I would blog a little on your blog Aim.

JP Anderson said...

Thanks for all the comments from you all. I love hearing from you. I think I'll start posting on Amy's blog. I wish I could come up and see you two, Jen and Molly. That would be Great Fun! I guess I have sisters here in Utah I haven't visited since Rex was a pup.

Ging said...

Amy- I am glad it is not the flu- but I am sure there are days when it would be nice to know it will end. I'll be there...