4.18.2009

Family Night Food Fun
















On our way home from the zoo we decided it was time to do Scott's fun Family Night idea.  We took the kids to the store, Scott assigned each of them a particular part of the dinner.  Asher found a main dish, Chloe a side dish, Me a side dish, Aidan the drinks and Cole the dessert.  They had to bring us their item and we could approve or reject.  They did pretty good.  Chloe immediately knew she wanted fruit salad.  Asher was pretty undecided as he raced around the store.  He wanted lunchables, then chips, and finally with some guidance found some pork chops.  Aidan knew cream soda would be a winner and especially if we each got our own can!  Cole picked popcorn, I decided on a salad.  Then when we got in the car Scott let them know they had to prepare whatever they had picked.  Oh boy!  

I really didn't help anyone hands on, but just directed them with words and they did great!  Of course Aidan lucked out by only having to set out cans of pop.  Asher's porkchops were really good and Chloe's fruit salad was too.  During dinner Scott talked about choices and how they affect us.  I thought it was inventive and fun.  






















6 comments:

Terri said...

Cool lesson I need to do that it would be funny to give then free reign and see what happened.

We had fun yesterday with you at the aquarium it was surprisingly good and then I went home and watched 7 pounds jelly fish are everywhere!

Unknown said...

what a great dad...

Anonymous said...

Cute idea! Love it. You guys are so creative.

Em said...

I have always thought this would be a great family night activity. I think the version I heard before was everyone had a dollar, but nowadays I think you'd end up fighting over a pack of gum at the dinner table with that amount per person.hehe.
They all look so happy prepping their own dinner. What a fun Family night

Jen said...

I'm totally gonna do that one! Thanks for that and cute pics!

Katie said...

SO doing this tomorrow night!