Do you remember Thelma Maybe?
She came and spoke to our Young Women's group once.
She lost her arm years ago and I don't remember how.
Anyway, she came and talked to us about her disability and showed us the many things she was able to do with one arm. She tied her shoes, zipped her coat, got herself ready, etc. She was one independent gal. I was amazed at her abilities.
Well, my Grace loves to be held. Especially by me :) However, I have a lot to get done in a day. So this requires a lot of one armed work. Loading the dishwasher, gathering laundry, doing dishes, sweeping the floor. I drop things, spill things, break things.
I am no Thelma Maybe.
But with practice I Mightbe.
6 comments:
The company I work for was started by a 1 armed man named Fred Kloepfer. In his early 20's he moved to Paul from Logan and left the family business to go out on his own. The miracle is that he chose to start a concrete company. Anyone that things mixing concrete is easy with 1 arm should try to even do so with 2! Amazing feat in my opinion. Practice makes perfect I guess.
Hey, would you be nice enough to post your family information on the Anderson Family blog site so I don't feel like it is being ingnored by EVERYONE. I would also love your blog touch to help make the site awesome when you get a chance.
oh that is so precious, I can't believe she is really sleeping like that. You will be glad you held her so much, you know that I am sure:)
I second Lesa's comment. Entirely too cute. And you're biceps are gonna rock!
Oh Gracie you have charmed your way into your mothers heart and arms. They couldnt possibly have a better use.
You need a baby carrier, do want to borrow mine?
LOVE LOVE LOVE this blog. You are amazing in your own way-seriously you can give a talk in MY ward. By the way I have a Baby Bjorn just gathering dust......
Post a Comment