I loved summer as a kid.
Minus my pasty white skin that would burn with little or no effort.
Summer was freedom (after your chores were done of course!)
Sleepovers at Shannon's or Tonya's, sleeping out on the tramp with my siblings, 4-H camp, the fair, gardening, running through the sprinklers, my birthday!, a trip to Disneyland, Yellowstone, fireworks, popsicles, and watermelon.
Summer has begun in the hearts of my children. They are leaving little signs all around.
Here are some grapes out basking in the sunshine on a towel in the driveway.
This was Aidan's attempt at making some raisins.
The dog kennel has become a neighborhood fort.
It is a mess, full of "junk", but I cannot bring myself to tell them time's up, clean up.
This is a picture of a couple of tables the kids built with neighbor friends. They used some of Scott's old wood and a couple cans of spray paint and built these. They even used a tape measure and asked the neighbor to do some cuts with his chop saw that he had out.
The fort also has some of my old pots hanging on the fence, a watering system in the corner, old rugs, a bulletin board with a hole in it, and on and on. Every day after school and especially on weekends it is full of kids, hanging out in their own little space.
It reminds me of the forts we would make in the weeds as kids. Those weeds were as tall as we were!
And lastly, here's baby Grace chewing on my finger. I love this picture. Her big blue eyes checking out my camera. And Cole in the background laughing his head off at his little sister who likes to chew on people's fingers.
Ha!
Happy Summer people.
3 comments:
Summer really does equal happiness. Childhood summers were my best memories.
I love summer toooo! I have alot of fond memories. Most of all I love that I GET MY KIDS now!!! They are all mine and we are going to have such fun until the sad day comes when school starts back up and then they are their teachers kids! UGH!! OH WEll, here's too a long fun summer.
Amy. I need that pic of Grace!
Send it my way plleeeasee.
And I too miss those summers of old, waterskippers, weed forts, and capture the flag. *sigh.
We need some good summer breaks for us adults too!
Post a Comment