5.03.2009

Soccer Season



















Soccer season has begun.  Scott & I take turns going to either Aidan's game or Chloe & Asher's game.  This week Aidan's game was canceled because the field was flooded.  However, Chloe and Asher's game was still on.  I brought my camera, but I had no idea how fun this was going to be.  It had poured rain through the night and into the morning, but the clouds broke and the sun came out for their game.  Needless to say the field was like a soggy sponge.  Each step we took the water surrounded our shoes. 

The whistle blew and within 5 seconds, (no exaggeration here) Asher slipped and fell.  The grass was slippery, they couldn't predict the ball because it didn't travel well on the soaking wet field, and there were even a few actual puddles.  


















Both my children fell a number of times. Once  I expected tears but got giggles.  I just stood on the sideline and cheered between laughs.  I took a picture of Chloe wringing out her pants at half time. 













I think Asher was proud to be covered in mud, and  I was proud that they all kept playing, no complaining.  They had no substitutes and that is a huge field.   




6 comments:

JP Anderson said...

I think it's really cool that all of your kids share an interest in soccer. That makes it a family affair.

Molly Thorne said...

My kids season just ended. We have Spring and Fall. Dawson's last game got canceled because of all the rain. They are at the age when it really is fun to watch and show some skill.

Em said...

I TOO love that you've got a fam of soccer players (when does Cole start?). Soccer is near to my heart. And they look so into it, so much fun. The summer I coached a 6-7 yr old boys team was a blast but nothing compares to being the one out there gettin' muddy. Great pics too.

Terri said...

Oh spring sports require stain stick. Molly where are you with your purse full of wipes when we need them? Kick some keester Brownings

Ging said...

Caleb loves soccer. He took a direct hit with a very well kicked ball. His nose bled like a faucet. He went back out and played after we stayed the flow. I was so proud. It's good too see kids work so hard under adverse conditions. yeah for soccer,..and rain. Love the pictures- Good job Mom!!

Calvin said...

so fun