1.31.2010

Sunday Hijinx

I love 11:00 church because it creates a calm morning.
I don't feel rushed and when Mama doesn't feel rushed everyone is happy.
I comb hair, I tie shoes, I match pants to shirts, I even iron.
It's beautiful.

We had Ward Conference today and it was beautiful too.
I love being asked to rise higher. To do better.
It means someone thinks you are up to the challenge.

During church one of Scotty's friends says, "I"m going to come over and see you at 4:00".

So he shows up at our house around 4:00.
I'm napping.
Scott's church shoes have taken a beating on the toe. All his shoes take a beating on the toe. It's the result of being a man who crawls. The soles of his shoes are in tip-top shape but the toes fall apart. So his church shoes toes are all scuffed up.
His friend pulls out a shoe shine kit and gets to work on Scotty's shoes. He covered the scuff and shined them up like new.

Who does that?

I"ll tell you who. Someone who is always looking for ways to serve. Someone who is humble and kind and generous and thoughtful.
I am so grateful.

Then we were lucky enough to have the children put on a Sunday performance. Not unusual at our house.
Today it was a puppet show. They used the plethora of Webkinz we have at our home and shared some animal facts.  Aidan checked out about 32 books on animals at the library on Friday. Then they'd quiz us and throw candy at us if we answered correctly.




















Then the kids taught Grace to jump.  Her feet barely leave the floor, and she often falls. I didn't get photos-shame- but I will. It is so cute!

We had waffles for dinner. It was 7:30 p.m.  While I was busy cooking I decided to try a few tricks.
I"m like that.
I get a hair-brained idea and I go for it.

Chloe saw my camera near by and caught some lovely shots of my "trick" between bites of waffle.
Then Asher says, "That's a good workout for older people".
Then I hurt my back. Typical.


Then Cole rushes over to make it better. Typical. 
That was Sunday at our house.
Until next time.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Take it off your blog - take it off now! In other news - I love your neighbor - that was a wonderful act of service! As will be you taking that off your blog! i thank you in advance!

Teri said...

I am loving 11:00 church too, there is no rushing or yelling, my house is left semi-clean and I can usually get things started for dinner. Ward conference was really good wasn't it? I left feeling so great.

Kelly said...

Very good post. I wish I was like you. I hide in my seat if they ask us to do more at church, or pretend I didn't hear them.
Love your cool moves. What exactly were you doing??

Katie said...

love it.

Em said...

I love the series that Chloe caught. You are so talented. Jumping while cooking waffles 'n all. And the puppet show looks well-lit and draped, someones got a future in set design!

the Wilcox Family said...

Can I live at your house?? It always looks like you have a part-ay goin' on.

Calvin said...

and that is why I love your blog

Kati said...

Girl...you have some serious skillzzzzzzz!

So happy Baby Grace is doing better. What a wonderful Sunday :)

JP Anderson said...

What a thoughtful friend. That is not a typical act of service I'd say and that's what makes it special. Nice trick. Have you showed your kids the one where you can "blow wind" through you while laying on your back? That was a good one too.

Ging said...

I wish I had been there- all day. It would have been worth a good laugh to see ninja-waffle girl, but I would have cried at shoe-shine man. Wow. That's all I can muster.