I'd heard so much. I had to go. Even though I'd be breaking one of the cardinal rules of grocery shopping: Thou shalt not grocery shop with children during their nap time.
Ah well, rules are meant to be broken.
I hit some good deals, but I was really looking forward to wandering the bulk food section.
Something about food in bulk form really excites me.
(note to self: mention the bulk food attraction to therapist)
I actually was thinking of the dry pack canning I'd be doing later in the day.
I started with hot cocoa mix, because as Jenny says, what good is food storage if you don't want to eat it.
I was really filling up that bag when Cole says, "Mom that has a hole in it, look at the mess."
crap.
Indeed it had a hole and while I was busy filling the bag the bottom half was busy emptying onto the bins below.
Not to bad though, so I moved on to the cornmeal.
I filled my bag to the top, put on my labeled twist tie, and then promptly got the bag caught on the handle of a bin.
RIP!
Cornmeal filled my shoes.
A sweet woman helped me double bag as I slipped through the mess to my cart. Cornmeal on polished concrete floors is super slippery.
An employee quickly saw my plight and swept the mess.
(He should've followed me around with the broom. This is foreshadowing.)
I filled a few more bags with bulk items and wandered the store.
At check out my bulk bag of bread crumbs got caught on my cart and you guessed it..ripped.
I gave the automatic belt a nice coating of delicious Panko breading.
The checker double bagged it for me.
As I bagged my own groceries after checking out my bulk bag of rice caught on the plastic bag holder. It was more than I could take. I wanted to hurl that bag of rice all the way across that Winco.
I've made it home now with my remaining bulk, and I'm thinking it's a good thing I have children who humble me so that spilling food all over a new grocery store only embarrasses me slightly.
5 comments:
Throwing rice is a form of celebration.
I am sorry but more than anything else I wish I could have watched. Then I probably would have helped you out of this plight. Probably.
I need to laugh more and you are the perfect solution.
People entertain themselves in all sorts of ways. Those people are usually pleased with their own jokes, whit, or mannerisms. You my friend, simply live your life and entertainment seems to bleed from your very pores.
So, about that autobiography......
Too funny! I have had a few bags rip at winco also, but never such a mess and so many times. I almost always double bag my bulk.
I remember shopping at places like that with my mom when I was younger. What I remember the most was watching the gross kid stick his hand down his pants and then into one of the bins;) Enjoy your bulk, who knows what you really brought home. he he
YES YES YES!!! Those are the days we will remember blabhblahblah... I didnt even do my cans because I had a very similar caotic day!!!! Crazy but funny!!!
Post a Comment