As the years go by and I continue to watch my own children grow I understand you more.
Mothering isn't easy. I am not always great at it, but, like you, my love for my children drives me.
I love you Mom- Happy Mother's Day!
I was startled from a dream by my children standing next to my bed
"Sit up Mom!"
I was served homemade banana pancakes in bed with juice.
I had to share a little bit, and the more I shared the more hungry mouths lined up while Chloe was downstairs flipping pancakes quickly.
Chloe told me later that it was difficult to get the recipe because when Uncle Jared was giving it to her he'd say things like , "okay, then 1 cup of baking soda". And she'd say, "ONE CUP of baking soda, really?" And then he'd say, "One cup of gun powder". And so Chloe's recipe is full of strange items scribbled out and rewritten. She did a fabulous job!
After some mandatory morning cuddling we skyped Scotty and the kids all gave me their heartfelt Mother's Day gifts.
Chloe sewed me a little baggie and filled it with rocks she painted with reasons she loves me.
Asher made me this fine piece of artwork.
Aidan made me this book titled Mommy & Her Son
This is a story about a mommy and her son who, in many ways, are different.
I like McDonald's. My mom, she thinks of it as a pest.
My mom likes salad. To me, it looks like leaves.
I think mice are cute because they look like bunnies a little bit.
My mom, she thinks they're ugly.
I like cats because they're furry. My mom had a cat, but it clawed her lip. (true story)
I like all flavors of jellybeans. My mom thinks some taste like dirt or mud, so she gives them to me.
The mom and her son are alike in many ways too.
We like giraffes because of the spots. We like Mrs.Geddes because she's nice, funny, and intelligent. (Mrs. Geddes is his teacher). We like to watch the sunset because of the colors. We like zebras because of the stripes. We like making cookie together so I can spend some time with her.
But the way we are most alike is the most special way of all. Because, you see, they love each other so very much!
Scotty really surprised me with a new GARMIN!!!! Oh the joy.
I was very much looking forward to church today. However, Pretty Baby had ideas all her own. She barely made it through the the first meeting and then I had to take the screaming Pretty Baby home to bed.
After lunch I got a Mother's Day nap and at some point Cole joined me just to play with my hair. See it wrapped up under his chin. Very interesting, because he has told me more than once that he never wants a mustache. I thought maybe he had a fear of facial hair. Maybe he's just getting a feel for it.
We had a lovely dinner of brisket, rolls, braised potatoes, and jell-0 jigglers formed into a heart shape.
So, I don't do this very often. And when I do I certainly don't share it, but I thought I would this time.
Mother’s Day
By Amy Browning
When I sit and reflect on the most sacred moments in my life.
The moments when I have felt as if my spirit and my body are in sync,
I immediately think of the birth of each of my children.
That moment when a little being enters an earthly existence.
That tiny person I have named and dreamt of and wished great things for
goes from my mind’s eye - to right before my eyes.
Sometimes screaming,
sometimes silent,
and once I waited some agonizing minutes
for that moment when flesh meets flesh, but our spirits are old friends.
This feeling is a love so deep, so real, so affirming of a living and loving God.
My spirit glows and my body knows this is its greatest work.
8 comments:
Very beautiful - thanks for sharing - sounds like a day long to be remembered and cherished.
I"m so glad you had a great day. You are a great mom and deserved it.
Very good mothers day. I want one like it next year. Can you help my family prepare? Thanks.
I loved your poem, very good.
Truly, they are our greatest work.
That was a lovely post from a lovely mother, sister & friend! I love you Aim and I love your poem. It was truly beautiful and so true!
Love it. You're kids are so super sweet... will mine ever be sweet? I'm kidding, kind of. You deserve sweet kids. Love you!
well apparently you should do it a little more often
That was fabulous. What a great day. The poem is amazing Amy! I was so anxious to get to the end and see who wrote it,... I am impressed and certainly feel you should share more often. You are a wonderful mother, no wonder your children adore you so.
Post a Comment