5.29.2010

How I Ate My Way Through My 33rd Birthday.

It began at Communal in downtown Provo with Terri, Ging, and Mom.  
I went out on a limb and had the house made Hunter's Sausage with Spaetzle. 
It was ...interesting. I have to say the Potato and Leek Gratin was my favorite. 
After lunch we walked over to Rooster and enjoyed a chocolate molten dessert with whipped cream. 
This is my most favorite dessert I've ever eaten. 
I've eaten it thrice just to ensure it is my most favorite. 
Then I ate some Costco birthday cake. 
In case you're wondering it says, 
"Happy Birthday Princess Amy"
Scott had this whole theme going. I had a crown. The kids bowed when they addressed me. 
I look like a princess eating the corner off that cake don't I?



I enjoyed dinner at La Caille with Scott and our friends the Bentleys.
I have to admit I was feeling a bit uptight at this fancy French restaurant.
However, after a few good laughs we were all relaxed and had a fantastic time. 
I had the Cambridge shortribs. Oh they were tender and delicious. 




After dinner Scott surprised me with reservations to stay the night in SL and do some birthday shopping.  
It was a delicious birthday. 

8 comments:

JP Anderson said...

Looks like you had a delicious birthday. May every day of your 33rd year be fill with such delight.

the Wilcox Family said...

You sure know how to do birthdays right! Happy birthday. . . and I love that the kids bowed when they addressed you. Classic.

Kati said...

What a perfect birthday! Love that Scott had a theme for you...

So happy you had such a fantastic birthday...you deserved every bit of it. :)

Calvin said...

ok, you left out too many great stories... glad yo uhad a happy b-day...

Ging said...

Sounds VERY memorable. The princess cake was a clever idea it provided you with a Drizella moment. (Please see Cinderella for a complete understanding)I have begun my quest for chocolate molten cake recipes. I will keep you posted.

Em said...

ah man Amy. that looks like such a fun fun birthday! where the haybells was i when the molten cake was being eaten?

Savanna Landrum said...

oh La Caille...I went there in high school for my culinary arts class. Needless to say the peer pressure was to great and I made the fatal mistake of eating a snail. bleh.

Carrick family said...

Sweet!!! I am so glad you had a good birthday and got to be very spoiled!! You deserved it!!! Happy Belated birthday!!