7.21.2008

Is there a Doctor in the house?

I had a doctor's appointment today. 
I had my questions pre-planned because this guy doesn't waste time, he' s in he's out he's on with it.  
So first I asked him how to feel how high my uterus was?  Turns out you need a medical degree, or at least a ton of practice.  Mine was in just the right spot to be 16+ weeks.

Ok, next question, Then why is my belly so huge?  It's never felt so big so soon before. 
Turns out "it's just flabby and you've got some gas".  

I literally laughed out loud.  I guess I thought a man that dealt with women all day long would know how the female psyche worked, and that no matter what, you didn't use the word flabby.  Or goopy, or squishy, or leaky, or hangy for that matter!

He sucked his words back in after I laughed. 

Then he checked the heartbeat.  Next question, What does that heart beat sound like, a boy or a girl?  I've heard there's a difference in speed that can determine sex.  

He said he didn't really believe that, but this heartbeat would mean boy.

Fabulous.  

Thanks Doc.  See you in a month. 

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, how I hate doctors!! You should come to my midwife. she would never use the word flabby and you could talk to her for no less than one hour!! Anyway, you are not flabby, I won't comment on the gas though.

JP Anderson said...

Your visit to the doc is funny the second time around too. (I got to hear the story first hand from the writers mouth.) From the stories I hear from Felicia about doctors, I'm not surprised. A good deal of them seem to be a bit too comfortable with what they say and how they treat the human body. I think at least one of the semesters at med school should be a social skills class taught by former patients, like yourself.

Jen said...

Oh my! RUDE!! Whatever to him! I told you it was gas though! My woman doctor would never say that to me! She is lovely! That is why I've had her for all four of my babies! Shout out to doc Jones!

Denise said...

OOOh Men! Or just some men and mostly doctors. I need to blog about a dr i had once. I went to him for a check up and it was the first time I'd ever seen him. He was about 5'10" and easily weighed over 200 lbs. After the appt he walked out and after abt 5 minutes his skinny little nurse walked in and said the dr would like you to take a look at this weight loss program!!! Ok Fatty why don't you come tell me yourself! I was ticked. And let me just say Kimball was only like 9 months old. Seth heard about that one for a month at least.

Anyone calling you 'flabby' needs to be talked to. I'll call him if you want me to. ;)

shawn rowley said...

doctors should come with a remote control, that allows you to administer a mid level electric shock, when they say or do something stupid.