7.24.2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!  10 Years ago today Scotty and I were married.  This pic just happened to be the oldest one on my computer of the two of us.  So here it is; we both weighed a bit less, had less wrinkles, Scotty had less gray hairs, I had less belly flab and age spots,
and we both could stand unassisted.  However, there are some benefits to time and those would be: 
We've become more patient.
We understand each other better.
We've seen each other's inner strength and determination.
We've been extremely happy together.
We've been extremely sad together.
We still make each other laugh.
We've seen 4 children come into our home.
We love each other on a deeper level.

Here's to the next 10 years!  I love you Scott.




6 comments:

Em said...

Amy! It's your anniversary and I call you only to treat you like Dex. Dang, well im sorry and congrats, I can remember eating sundaes at your reception in the not so distant past. Can you believe a time without scotty and your children in your life? Sometimes the past is like glimpsing a past life, like your just reincarnated as the mother and wife you are now. I hope the next 10 bring as many laughs and maybe not as many children! Hehe!

Molly Thorne said...

Happy anniversary- Hope your salmon turns out.I'd type more but my naughty 3 year old is busy being naughty. And telling me never never

Calvin said...

Thanks for dropping by on your big anniversary party day! It was great to see you again. Thanks for thinking of us.

JP Anderson said...

Our anniversaries are so close! Thats pretty cool! It was nice to have briefly visited with you before and after the day of you anniversary. Both times the talk was kind of centered around poop but any talking to you and Scotty is nice. I hope you guys have another great 10 years and I'm sure you will.
ps. I'm pretty sure Scotty is wearing my coat in that picture. Mom bought that for me in the girls section at JCPenny. Thats why the zipper handle is on the left. I liked it though.

shawn rowley said...

amy and scotty
has it really been ten years?
i am so happy that you and your family keep growing. you know when you just happen to be looking at the sky at the right time, when pillars of light stream down between clouds. our one of those cool double rainbows, or a sunset that takes your breath away and warms you at the same time? just a few simple atmostpheric conditions combine for just a moment and reveal celestial beauty. i don't mean to be corny but that is how i feel watching your family, one of the great blessings in my life is to watch you from a distance, becoming equile to the challenges that create you . my love to you both. SR

Ging said...

Well- I guess someone has to post a blog in the shadow of the mighty oak- AKA- Shawn R., so why not me? First, I just want to say that I was sure that was Chloe with Scott cuz that little girl standing next to him couldn't possibly be Amy at a reasonable dating age- geesh!! Congratulations to both of you. What an amazing experience marriage is. I am grateful for yours- it helps me grow and see things more clearly. Love you both.