2.25.2009

Don't it make your blue eyes brown?


You know how most Caucasian babies are born with blue eyes?  And then if they are not to be blue forever, they change.  My children inherited their Daddy's big brown eyes.  Aidan is the only one who has enough green in that brown to warrant calling them hazel perhaps.  Cole's are so dark you cannot find the pupil at times.  I love their eyes.  I am the minority in my house with my greenish bluish eyes.  So you may have noticed Grace's big beautiful blue eyes.  I am quite confident these too will become brown.  The question is when?  I have never paid enough attention to note exactly when my blue-eyed babies became brown-eyed ones.  And maybe it's not an overnight thing, maybe they gradually become darker.  Whichever way it happens, this time I will be taking note.  You can come along for the ride.  

5 comments:

JP Anderson said...

Well don't be staring, waiting for a change. It usually takes at least six months to a year. Sometimes it even takes many years until they finally settle. Kind of like some people's hair. Mine was quite blond for a long time and then got darker, then it fell out. But don't worry, her eyes won't fall out. If they happen to be hazel then they may change for the rest of her life.

Jen said...

Zander had gorgeous bright blue eyes till he was 2 years old and than one day I looked and they were green just like the rest of us ! My babe has the same beautiful blue eyes adn still at 6months they are just as blue - we shall see with these little eyes as well!

Em said...

Mom called me at work today to tell me to go look at this picture. Though I've seen in on facebook it is still exceptionally beautiful. Maybe they'll magically stay that pretty blue!? Either way, JP's comment was hilarious and Grace is a doll, blue eyes or not.

Me and More said...

I admit ive never noticed when the change occurs but apparently brown trums blue in the gene pool. All my girls eyes are different and only Olivia got mikes pretty blue eyes. Garyn however got something very special and unique. Mine are green and everyone else is a mix of blue and green. At any rate what a beautiful baby just like your others. funny john!

A THORN AMONG ROSES said...

There is always colored contacts. I had a waitress at Sizzler today that had reptilian eyes... no joke. She creeped me out! I kept waiting for her tongue to slither out of her mouth and twitter. There were at least 4 colors going on in that cess pool of blended color. She was hispanic with likely dark eyes to begin with yet they were quite the interesting green/blue/yellow something. I think I will likely have nightmares tonight.

Maybe I'll look at that pretty babies eyes again so that is the most recent memory before sleep.

Hug her for us.