He had his 4 year old checkup today.
It seems the boy needs to eat. Food. More of it.
And perhaps cut out some sugar. Okay, lots of sugar.
He weighs in at 31.08 pounds. That's 10th percentile for his age.
He's 39.25 inches tall. That's 27th percentile for his age.
And his Body Mass Index is 6.88%.
Dr.K asked about his eating habits, and I was honest. I've never dealt with a child who wouldn't eat. Or more specifically, doesn't like to just sit there during a meal. He's up and down, up and down. More down than up. My others all eat. They eat most anything I serve up. They even eat some things adults don't eat. So I'm not trained in this area. I just cook, getting the food into your stomach is up to you. I guess I'm gonna have to take a little more incentive to get this boy to grow. I also let her know that his sugar intake is fantastic. He knows all about canker sores and let's me know when he's got one and I'm helping to brush his teeth. Let's just say I win the Mom of the Year Award....again.
On another note. Asher's scout troop was able to take part in a flag ceremony at the Orem Owlz baseball game tonight. We both got in for free since I'm a cub scout leader and he's a scout. I didn't get anyone else in our fam tickets expecting it to be pretty hot, sun in your eyes kind of stuff. I was pleasantly surprised. The seating was well shaded, there was a breeze, food, music, mascots. After the flag ceremony and national anthem Asher enjoyed a hot dog. It was a lot of fun. If you ask him the only thing that would've made it perfect would've been if he was able to catch a game ball. No such luck. And believe me he tried.
7 comments:
solution: roll bananas in sugar...
Lovw the Owlz Games a summer must for us. So now will ya go with us.
I think the saying is true that some of us live to eat and some eat to live. Food is not his top concern its just something he has to do before he can conqueor the world.
Okay- it seems that he and Ellie have more in common than I had realized.I have two words for you sister- Fruit Smoothie. You can hide all kinds of good things in there and they never know it. What a great mother-son date with Ash. I sort-of miss baseball since Isaac left on his mission. Sort of
Those are some seriously cute photos. I love that picture of John and your babe!
terri seems to be masquarading as members of her family..this one is actually me.
but yeah i agree i love the owls
it is a really fun and inexpensive way to spend an evening. and some times your kid brings home a ball... cole is just fine and you are a great mother ..don't worry be happy.
Ahh, your little cub scout. How fun! Outside of how creeped out I am by that baseball-head/owl face mascot that looks like a lot of fun. Can't beat free.
As for Cole-iosis. I think its too bad he's a picky eater,and the whole milk will do him good. BUT I don't think force feeding me as a child improved my hate for some foods (purely out of anxiety-driven situations where one had to eat squash to leave the table 30 mins later). I know you dont do this, but if you can find some creative way to make food 'adventures' or something, whether he eats it all or not, perhaps itll make food more exciting. At least he's a cute munchkin
I love the pictures!!!! so cool!!!
Post a Comment