12.09.2009

The Drama is our Reality

Scott and I played a game of "top that" in the car on the way home from the bus stop.  I was pretty sure my day was far crazier (for lack of a better word)  than his.  So I began my long dissertation of what went on in my crazy day.
Breakfast
Drive kids to school
Treadmill
Shower
Grocery Store
Jump car of lady in her p.j.'s parked next to me
Lunch
V.T. Reports
Start rolls
Bake chicken

 With the best of intentions I contacted a company to blow insulation in my attic (for free) if we met the standards.  It is also my "cooking day", which means I cook for our family and 3 others.  Chicken Gnocchi Soup and Maryam's rolls were on the menu.  I go that started when the insulation man showed up.  Nice guy.  He headed to the attic access in Chloe's room which is where he encountered a black widow in her closet. Nice.  He killed it. Okay, not so bad.
He kicked around up there, then nearly fell through my ceiling (slight dramatization) when he stepped on the sheetrock instead of the walkway.  A 3-4 ft. long crack appeared in my ceiling and Cole asked if the man was "taking our ceiling down".  He quickly called a sheetrock guy to come fix that on Friday.  We do not qualify for the free insulation there. BUT WAIT, there's another attic access in the boy's room that goes to a different part of the attic.  He heads in, and the conversation is as follows:
Insulation Guy's Helper: Wow, it's cold in there
Me: Yeah, I can feel that cold air just pouring out of there.
Insulation Guy: Um, yeah, there's snow in here.
Me: WHAT?! Snow? Like what?
Insulation Guy: Want me to get some for you?
Me: Yes.
Insulation Guy: Hold out your hand.
I go to the access and Insulation Guy drops a SNOWBALL the size of a tennis ball into my hand.

What the? Okay, so that would make your house cold.  Why did we insulate with snow?
Really. Why is there snow in my attic. His best guess is it is blowing in through an attic vent.
Good news is we qualify for insulation up there, but we'll need to take care of the snowing in the attic problem first.

I am now late to get 4 dinners prepared, but I rushed through it, burnt my hand, Grace hit her head twice (into Cole's head), delivered dinner, and picked Scotty up at the bus stop.

Now, honestly.  What would you rate that?  Pretty crazy.

Here's Scott's day, or rather a poignant moment in his day:

He was headed into the JFB building on campus.  It was a double set of doors.  As he entered the first set one of his wheels didn't grab.  They just spun.  Then one grabbed, but unfortunately the other didn't.  This sent him careening into the metal door brace.  When he hit the brace it pulled on the recline lever on his rental Jazzy.  This sent him into a complete recline.  Picture feet up in the air.  Then it ripped the recline lever completely off.  With the lever completely removed the chair shut down.

So there he was.
Stuck in the doorway of the building in a reclined Jazzy with no power.
He waited for 15 minutes until someone noticed his plight and offered to help.  He somehow got out of the recliner and had help walking to the nearest bench. His chair was forced out of the doorway.  He called the lovely company that rented him his awesome Jazzy and they showed up 1.5 hours later to repair it.  He waited patiently on that bench the entire time. The chair can no longer recline, but at least it still runs.

What the?
Is this for real?
We should be making some serious money on the hilariousness that we call life here at the Browning's.


My favorite part about this day was that as I pulled up to pick Scott up at the bus stop, nearly in tears, I watched as he and his good friend Aaron ran (or drove) straight into this huge snowpile.  Aaron jumped in and flew over it and Scott rammed that blasted Jazzy right into the side of it.  The tears became laughter.  Good times. good times.

p.s. The Chicken Gnocchi Soup was GREAT!  I'll post a recipe on Anderson Appetite tomorrow.:)

7 comments:

JP Anderson said...

I'm glad you keep a journal. I'm counseling you to read back and highlight all the days similar to this one (funny or just crazy) and write a book on it. We can get you on Oprah and into her book club [Mom is personal friends with her and the crew (Dr. Phil & Oz)] and then you'll be filthy rich. Just write it now, Scott L. will help, and then in a few more years you can write a sequel. K?!

Jen said...

OHHHHH MY! DRAMA MOMMA! I laughed so hard when I read J.P. comment about mom being in with the crew.

Teri said...

I love reading your stories, and I can't wait to get that recipe for that soup. I just made Maryam's pan fried steak with a basic pan sauce last night. I was fresh out of steaks, don't usually have steaks on hand at my house! But Maryam said you can do any meat, so I used chicken and used chicken broth instead of beef broth. So good! Maryam is like our own celebrity cook in our neighborhood isnt she!

Anonymous said...

You people amaze me. You're just plain awesome!

Molly Thorne said...

I'm so sorry Aim. My life is crazy but at least no one is getting hurt. Although you would think someone is hurt given that for a solid hour yesterday someone was crying. When I had my surgery I got shots to help the babies lungs develop and I think they gave them to much cuz those girls can scream.

Em said...

As I said on the phone. Your blogs bring perspective to my woes. hah. humorous perspective. Thank goodness Scott takes things like a champ, i would be one GRUMPY person if I had to wait over a 1/2 hour in -5 for a bus. in my jazzy. undersized jazzy.

Ging said...

Keep it comin' Aim- I need some perspective and you are just what the Dr.ordered. Well,..that and a one week nap followed by a trip to somewhere tropical. And some pills. And eye cream. I wish I could have seen Scott ram his Jazzy into the snow. Oh I wish.