12.14.2009

A Gift? For Me!

Asher came home from school the other day with a question, 
"Guess what I made in computers today?"

I don't know. What son?


"A coupon book for you!"
You have my attention.

He had practiced his typing and made me a nifty book of 8 coupons.
The expiration dates range from 3 days to 30 days.
So I've been busy turning these things in so as to not waste this thoughtful gift :)

I was very impressed with how well my son knows me.  The coupons are as follows:

This coupon is good for 20 mins. of playing with your hair.
This coupon is good for 2 days of 30 min. foot rub.
1 week of fun with friends.  (He would be watching Grace)
This coupon is for 3 days of cleaning the house. (It would probably take that long to get it clean)
This coupon is good for 1 hour of a nap. (again, babysitter)
This coupon good for 30 min. foot massage. 
This coupon is for 1 back and foot rub for 30 mins.
This coupon is for a 2 hour nap. 




So I was ready to trade in another coupon tonight.  I handed one to Asher and one to Chloe.
"What, I didn't make those coupons Mom" Chloe says.
Don't you accept competitors coupons? I replied.

Turns out she does.
lucky me.

What a thoughtful boy.  3 down. 5 to go!






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Homemade presents are the best! I love your photos, by the way.

Jen said...

That was funny Aim - real funny ! Good for Chloe -her and Walmart are just alike!

shawn rowley said...

a little silly goes a long way...
and a little love in the right place moves mountains. great kid guys.

Molly Thorne said...

I can't believe you used your coupon with Cloe. That was very funny.

JP Anderson said...

I made Felicia a coupon book for her first birthday married to me. It had all sorts of thoughtful, redeemable gifts. She still teases me about it. 1. because I write so small that the coupon book was only the size of a book of matches and 2. she knew that I didn't have a clue of what to get her so I made that.
I think it's a sweet gift; not very fun when you're expecting presents, but a sweet gift in the end.

Em said...

Competitor Coupons!!? That is so so sneaky of you.