12.11.2009

Wish I Had Video of This

I was tired this morning.  Usually when it's 5:45 and time to take Scott to the bus I really don't have any thought about it- I just get up.  Today I had an internal battle.  I just wanted to stay in my warm bed snuggled with my baby.  You see she was the 2nd child to climb in our bed last night.  The first one left me with  soaking wet pants and part of my shirt.  Lucky for him his bed was still warm and dry and so he climbed into new pj's and got in it.  I got to use the old "cover it with a towel and pretend like you're not laying on urine" trick for the rest of the night.     fun.

I did get up and got Scotty off to the freezing cold bus stop.  After I got the kids off to school and Grace down for her nap I laid on the couch by Cole while he studied his Spanish (okay, he was watching Diego, I just call it language immersion to feel better about it).  It was fabulous for a long while, especially because my phone was off the hook, unbeknownst to me.  Then I heard a very loud knock at the door that woke me from my slumber.  My instincts told me it was an adult and then I remembered the "sheetrock guy" (friend of the Insulation Guy) was coming to repair that crack.     crap.

I jumped off the couch to run upstairs and put on some needed support system under my  pj.'s before I answered the door (Cole was working on unlocking it, but it's really hard). Still in a half asleep daze in my glasses and oversized pajamas I hit the hardwood floor which was covered with a silky backdrop and  SLAM!  I went down on my right elbow.  It was so loud.  And all I could think was "I bet he heard that and is wondering why I won't come to the door".  My elbow was all bruised and had some skin slicked off.

I straightened my glasses, put on my bra, and answered the door like it was all good.  Wish I'd had some video footage of that fall.  We'd all be laughing.

6 comments:

Em said...

Wow, you're still hiding from vistors because of the lack of bra? I know that happened more than once in my stay. haha. HIDE ITS THE NEIGHBOR MAN! lol. Sorry about your elbow, and urine-soaked mattress..

Terri said...

I got no one up for either of ya. Made a cardboard pizza wrote a christmas letter no pain or drenching here I did recline. You are troopers!

Jen said...

You should have just answered it - you don't even need a bra! Sorry about your elbow and your wet sheets!

Ging said...

No need for video. When you told the story I could see it clearly and had a good laugh. You should write the book though, people would think it was fiction. So sorry about your elbow and your sleep and the need for support, it is so inconvenient.

Unknown said...

Are you guys trying to get on a reality show or something? What the heck is all this opposition and struggle about?

Glad you can keep your chin up about it.

shawn rowley said...

i hope you are feeling better today. erhpas you should hang a bra on the coat rack for such occasions?