I've actually been thinking about this for some time and have a little list going in my head.
Received: August 2009
From: Aidan
Last August we went to Yellowstone. The first day we hit a "shopping" area (West Yellowstone) Aidan hit the ground running. He had money and he had to buy something. We were all seated outside at the pizza joint in town waiting for our food and Aidan talked someone into taking him into a store. He was gone a few short minutes and came out beaming. His excitement shown in his every move and he watched me intently as I pulled his purchase from the sack.A statue of 2 gray wolves.
I thanked him and my eyes got a bit teary. The very first thing he bought and it was for me. It melted my heart. I loved how excited he was to buy something for someone else.
When I am old and some of my great grandchildren find this treasure I hope they don't question my taste, but rather find this story and realize how beautiful this gift is to me.

3 comments:
Love it. Thank goodness for the sweet moments our children share with us. Makes up for all the spilled milk and cookie crumbs!
that was darling! I love it! I'm going to do my own countdown - thanks for the inspiration!
ooooh. I love Yellowstone nic nacs, oh, I mean, I love me that Aidan boy. :)
Post a Comment