6.11.2011

Deer Valley, Thanks for having us. Love, The Brownings.

On Tuesday I loaded the van with food, sleeping bags, swimming paraphenelia and kids and headed to Deer Valley to meet Scott and his sister Karen at the St. Regis. 


The St. Regis is not the normal kind of hotel we would stay at, but we were happy to be there and I'm sure they were pleased to have us.

str1588ex.95498_md.jpg

After the valet took our car we rode the funicular up to the hotel.  It's nestled up in the mountains and you must drive through a gated community to get to it. This is why guests ride the funicular up to the hotel.  
First Funicular ride

This was the view from one of the balconies in our room.  It really was beautiful. The kids giggled a bit at the staff constantly referring to me as Mrs. Browning. Our butler walked us to our room and the kids gave the place the once over. They checked all the closets and cubbies, stood in the shower, played with the t.v. in the bathroom mirror, sat on the deck and then they were ready for the pool. 
We all donned our robes and Scott and I took them all to the pool. 

There was still snow on the mountainside, but the pool felt great.  
 

The hotel also had a gameroom for the kids. They played pool, air hockey, and lots of the Kinect.  
On Wednesday morning we had breakfast and had some drivers take us to the Park City Mountain Resort to play for the day.  

Karen had found this place and was sure the kids would have a fantastic time there. We stayed from 1-5:30 and ran the whole time.  There was a rock wall, a bungee trampoline, an Alpine slide and coaster, miniature golf, and a zip line. There were no lines so the kids just went round and round. 





Aidan was nervous while riding the lift to the top, but loved watching all the crazy ground squirrels that covered the mountain.  

He loved the Alpine slide and all the other kids loved the coaster.  I talked Cole into riding the coaster with me as I screamed the whole way down he kept saying, "Mom just calm down it's connected to the track."

When we got to the bottom he said politely, "I won't be riding with you again." 
I can't blame him. Scott waited patiently and kept tabs on us all. Joe took a long ride on the lift and nearly fell asleep.  The kids had a blast!  I think Asher rode the coaster about 25 times.  To top it all off Asher, Kooper, Chloe and I were the last of the day to ride the zip line. We all went at the same time and it was such a thrill.  What a great way to spend the afternoon.












Thanks to Aunt Karen for a fabulous time. We love you. 

5 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

What an incredible family vacation! Good for you. And I love, love, LOVE that picture of you and Chloe!

Jen said...

I love that picture too! That looks like tons of fun!!!

Britney said...

When I read their comments about loving the pictures of you and Chloe I thought, yeah, that was an awesome picture of them climbing -- then I scrolled up and realized there was one of the two of you and your faces...that's probably what they meant but I'm digging the climbing pics :)

Ging said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time. It's nice to have the "Aunt Karen's" in our lives that give us those extra special opportunities

Terri said...

I want an Aunt Karen! That sounded like a great 2 days Mrs. Browning. Cole would not like to ride a coaster with Aunt Terri either.